Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajithsrc
Paper Tape
Views: 6,034
Message 1 of 175

WiFi drops after Oreo update

Hi,

After new update my wifi connection drop and get connected very frequently. It's doesn't seem to be a wifi router issue as my TV and other mobile has no issues. Also battery drain very fast.

Any issues reported after rexenr update

AritraMitra
Paper Tape
Views: 5,914
Message 2 of 175

Re: WiFi drops

Facing the same problem after the upgrade. Really frustrating. Have literally stopped using WiFi network because of this. Please provide a fix soon.
derekadnan
What's DOS?
Views: 5,890
Message 3 of 175

wifi bug

hii my moto g5s plus got the new oreo update 8.1(28/09/2018) after updating my phone i am getting some wifi problem

My phone gets connected to the wifi but the internet is not working (the internet is working on my friends phone with the same wifi and even in my laptop) sometime the wifi keeps getting conected and disconnected again and again

I have tried resetting the wifi but still no change and i have tried connecting to other wifi but the problem remain same so plz help me out

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,834
Message 4 of 175

Hi guys,

This is odd. Let's do some steps to isolate the issue. For a start, we recommend the following:

1. Can you connect to another Wi-Fi network? If you are able to connect to other networks, including public Wi-Fi networks or Mobile Hotspot, this is not a hardware problem. The issue may be with that specific network, or its settings. 

2. How many other devices are connected to the network? There could be a device limit issue setting that is causing the problem. Try to disconnect some of the other devices on the network and try again. 

3. Try restarting your wireless router by unplugging it from the power outlet for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

zlatanNikhil
What's DOS?
Views: 5,400
Message 5 of 175

WiFi problem on Moto g5s plus on Oreo

After the Oreo update my WIFI is getting frequently disconnected .

i already done with the

1. Security check on Router:
  2. Check in Safe mode :
  3. Disconnecting the wifi Scanning option 

But none of these worked. please let me know how to roll back to nougat Version without formatting my phone. Really pissed off right now.

Rameshtripas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,809
Message 6 of 175

Many peoples are facing wi fi connection problem, please accept and try to solve it. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,381
Message 7 of 175

Re: WiFi problem on Moto g5s plus on Oreo

Hi.

Glad to investigate. Please help with some additional information:

• Does this happen on select wifi networks, or every one you have tried?
  • What is the make and model of your router? (If it happens with a personal router.)
  • Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. (Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,788
Message 8 of 175

@Rameshtripas wrote:

Many peoples are facing wi fi connection problem, please accept and try to solve it. 

We are trying to isolate the cause of this concern which is precisely the reason why we provide some troubleshooting steps. Have you already tried the steps we initially provided?

If yes, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Also, please provide the make and model of your router and the security protocol you are using. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Note: Make sure that you turn developer options OFF after creating the bug report. Otherwise, it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background.

Also, what are the make and model of your router? What security protocol (WEP, WPA, WPA2) are you using?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

iampowerslave
Token Ring
Views: 5,767
Message 9 of 175

All the messages in this forum are about:

WIFI internet issues

Hotspot issues

USB Tethering not working

It seems the Oreo update has networking issues (not the WIFI driver) like firewall or other routing issues.

Thank you India for being the alpha testers. I just hope it gets fixed before it hits LATAM.

iampowerslave
Token Ring
Views: 5,763
Message 10 of 175

Top Kudoed Authors