Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zakk87
Punch Card
Views: 592
Message 91 of 175

Re: WiFi problem on Moto g5s plus on Oreo

I think wifi drop signal issue it's a software modem bug. Few days ago I ran 7.1.1 and decide to flash oreo. Unfortunately my touchscreen stop responding (because we can't use NON Lenovo / moto parts after this update). Today I do rollback to Nougat and have low signal issue. Take a look on this picture. Honor 8 72Mbps vs Moto G5s 48Mbps in the same room with router. 

Prashant_21
Paper Tape
Views: 452
Message 92 of 175

Re: Moto G5s Oreo 8.1 update major problems

after updating to oreo i'm facing problem with wifi connectivity.when i connect to wifi the connection frequently connect and disconnect.after some day i recieved update after updating facing same problem. please give solution on it

Shape
Paper Tape
Views: 554
Message 93 of 175

Re: WiFi drops after Oreo update

I am one step to throw my Moto G5S Plus out of the window and byuy another phone.

After the October update I still have WiFi issues, but another issue came up: when there's no WiFi, mobile data works for a couple of seconds in 4G+, then the icon become empty for some seconds and finally turns full and in 3G but with "3G" greyed, so I have no data available at all.

If I turn on and off the airplane mode, that cycle begins and ends again.

So, when I am at home, I cannot use WiFi properly, when I am not at home I cannot use mobile data.

I am really, really angry.

edit: seems that the 4g/3g is an issue of my phone company. At least I have not to change my phone on Black Friday Smiley Very Happy

iampowerslave
Token Ring
Views: 536
Message 94 of 175

@Shape wrote:

I am one step to throw my Moto G5S Plus out of the window and byuy another phone.

After the October update I still have WiFi issues, but another issue came up: when there's no WiFi, mobile data works for a couple of seconds in 4G+, then the icon become empty for some seconds and finally turns full and in 3G but with "3G" greyed, so I have no data available at all.

If I turn on and off the airplane mode, that cycle begins and ends again.

So, when I am at home, I cannot use WiFi properly, when I am not at home I cannot use mobile data.

I am really, really angry.

edit: seems that the 4g/3g is an issue of my phone company. At least I have not to change my phone on Black Friday Smiley Very Happy

Any chance it is the same hardware and you can flash it with the RETUS version?

Shape
Paper Tape
Views: 527
Message 95 of 175

I prefer not to flash it. I've no time for "playing" with my phone.
iampowerslave
Token Ring
Views: 510
Message 96 of 175

@Shape wrote:
I prefer not to flash it. I've no time for "playing" with my phone.

Then, it's a lie that you are going to change it or throw it. It seems you keep it, and even when it's not working.

If it really does not work for you, and you are going to trash it, it is quite worthy to save it by flashing. If it fails you can trash it.

zakk87
Punch Card
Views: 481
Message 97 of 175

Don't trash it, send it to me 

;-)

Bhaskar17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 464
Message 98 of 175

I bought it in Jan 2018 and facing same issue after Oreo update.

Should I wait for a fix from Lenovo?

OR

Deposit in service station for warranty claim?

Please suggest.

anjandeshpande
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 99 of 175

Re: WiFi drops

Concern person of JM,

Please find the logs you have requested. I have reproduced how the issue happens

ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 390
Message 100 of 175

Hello Lenovo support team

Have some professionalism to communicate with your aggrieved users. It is no more Moto support. With no communication from your side about timeline of fixing the issue, Lenovo brand is loosing all its goodwill, earning which takes years!!!!!??

Top Kudoed Authors