10-03-2018 09:04 PM
If the wifi wifi issue is getting for multiple users, why is Moto support taking bug report from single user??? They have to fix it for everyone.
On other forms a temporary solution is provided which won't work at all...
Moto, please provide solution to this ASAP.
10-04-2018 07:36 AM
wifi connection is freuentyl dropping after updating to OREO for motog5s PLUS ..find the attached bug report for better understanding and solve the issue at the earliest
10-04-2018 07:02 PM
Facing same problem...
Please find bug report.
10-04-2018 07:04 PM
Please find my bug report.
10-05-2018 11:33 PM
Many peoples are facing wi fi connection problem, please accept and try to solve it.
We are trying to isolate the cause of this concern which is precisely the reason why we provide some troubleshooting steps. Have you already tried the steps we initially provided?
If yes, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Also, please provide the make and model of your router and the security protocol you are using. Below are the steps for getting bug report:
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
Note: Make sure that you turn developer options OFF after creating the bug report. Otherwise, it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background.
Also, what are the make and model of your router? What security protocol (WEP, WPA, WPA2) are you using?
**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
10-05-2018 11:37 PM
After new update my wifi connection drop and get connected very frequently. It's doesn't seem to be a wifi router issue as my TV and other mobile has no issues. Also battery drain very fast.
Any issues reported after rexenr update
10-05-2018 11:41 PM
IIam also facing the same problem after the upgrade. Really frustrating. Please provide a fix soon. I have generated bug report but cannot share in public forum as it contains sensitive data .Please share your personal email id so that I can share the same. Thanks
10-06-2018 10:43 AM - edited 10-06-2018 10:46 AM
I have same issue, it's really frustrating. The Wi-Fi either disconnets every 30 seconds or provides really slow speed. Tried reset, no use. Need a fix asap.
Here's a bug report as requested by an Agent.
10-06-2018 07:36 PM
Hi Nikhil, I am also having the same issue where my wifi gets disconnected frequently after applying Oreo update.
But as read in forums, I have put my mobile network to 3g service from 4g. This resolved the frequent DC from wifi.
Hope it helps.
10-06-2018 11:30 PM
Even I am facing the same issues. Following is the link to bug report:
Even though it shows Wifi Connected icon in the top, yet when I try to open any website or use internet to access anything, it doesn't work for about 1-2 minute. Then suddenly Wifi gets disconneced (and also network signal of sim 1 gets off) for may be around 1-2 seconds and then it connects automatically and internet works fine for some time (this working duration also varies sometimes works for 5-10 minutes or sometimes not even for a minute). (and cycle repeats)
1) I don't think the issue is with my Wifi router or internet service provider cause at the same time internet works smoothly in my laptop.
2) There is no specific time for this issue. It is happening frequently.
Info regarding the Router Model, I am using, can be found here:
Wifi continuous disconnection is really an issue but even battery draining is the issue. Please consider that one also. After updating to Oreo I thought it will boost the battery backup of mobile to some extent but instead it got reduced.
Please look into these issues. If the fix is going to take quite some time, can anyone please help me in how to change/rollback to previous update of mobile i.e. android 7.