Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amar30
What's DOS?
Views: 1,465
Message 11 of 175

Re: WiFi drops after Oreo update

If the wifi wifi issue is getting for multiple users, why is Moto support taking bug report from single user??? They have to fix it for everyone.

On other forms a temporary solution is provided which won't work at all...

Moto, please provide solution to this ASAP.

Sriramswaroop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,414
Message 12 of 175

Re: WiFi drops

wifi connection is freuentyl dropping after updating to OREO for motog5s PLUS ..find the attached bug report for better understanding and solve the issue at the earliest

Sabarisury
Paper Tape
Views: 1,145
Message 13 of 175

Sabarisury
Paper Tape
Views: 1,144
Message 14 of 175

ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,112
Message 15 of 175

@Agent_JM wrote:

@Rameshtripas wrote:

Many peoples are facing wi fi connection problem, please accept and try to solve it. 

We are trying to isolate the cause of this concern which is precisely the reason why we provide some troubleshooting steps. Have you already tried the steps we initially provided?

If yes, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Also, please provide the make and model of your router and the security protocol you are using. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Note: Make sure that you turn developer options OFF after creating the bug report. Otherwise, it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background.

Also, what are the make and model of your router? What security protocol (WEP, WPA, WPA2) are you using?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,108
Message 16 of 175

@ajithsrc wrote:

Hi,

After new update my wifi connection drop and get connected very frequently. It's doesn't seem to be a wifi router issue as my TV and other mobile has no issues. Also battery drain very fast.

Any issues reported after rexenr update

ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,107
Message 17 of 175

IIam also facing the same problem after the upgrade. Really frustrating. Please provide a fix soon. I have generated bug report but cannot share in public forum as it contains sensitive data .Please share your personal email id so that I can share the same. Thanks

Sayangdipto
What's DOS?
Views: 1,082
Message 18 of 175

I have same issue, it's really frustrating. The Wi-Fi either disconnets every 30 seconds or provides really slow speed. Tried reset, no use. Need a fix asap.

Here's a bug report as requested by an Agent.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GryP2QQeZfSIdUxyWrYCWzbfxSJiuZxh/view?usp=drivesdk

Subhan_md
Serial Port
Views: 1,014
Message 19 of 175

Re: WiFi problem on Moto g5s plus on Oreo

Hi Nikhil, I am also having the same issue where my wifi gets disconnected frequently after applying Oreo update.

But as read in forums, I have put my mobile network to 3g service from 4g. This resolved the frequent DC from wifi.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Subhan

art_india
Paper Tape
Views: 1,055
Message 20 of 175

Even I am facing the same issues. Following is the link to bug report:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OE0FwmfH_YlANWKCLTSzzljw640lnR2T

Observations:

Even though it shows Wifi Connected icon in the top,  yet when I try to open any website or use internet to access anything, it doesn't work for about 1-2 minute. Then suddenly Wifi gets disconneced (and also network signal of sim 1 gets off) for may be around 1-2 seconds and then it connects automatically and internet works fine for some time (this working duration also varies sometimes works for 5-10 minutes or sometimes not even for a minute). (and cycle repeats)

Note:

1) I don't think the issue is with my Wifi router or internet service provider cause at the same time internet works smoothly in my laptop.

2) There is no specific time for this issue. It is happening frequently. 

Info regarding the Router Model, I am using, can be found here:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B001FWYGJS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Security Protocol:

WPA/WPA2 PSK

Wifi continuous disconnection is really an issue but even battery draining is the issue. Please consider that one also. After updating to Oreo I thought it will boost the battery backup of mobile to some extent but instead it got reduced.

Please look into these issues. If the fix is going to take quite some time, can anyone please help me in how to change/rollback to previous update of mobile i.e. android 7.

Thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors