Message 62 of 175

Re: WiFi drops

This works for me
ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 970
Message 63 of 175

Re: WiFi drops after Oreo update

I first did factory reset myself. It did not help. I took it to the Lenovo/ Moto service centre in Gurgaon. They said that they will do offline OS upload fresh after uninstalling earlier OS. It Did Not Yield Any Betterment. It only WAsted my time for which Moto guys are blissfully unconcerned!!!!!

jeokim
Fanfold Paper
Views: 918
Message 64 of 175

Re: WiFi drops after Oreo update

I have the same problem, but only on one network currently.

Sincerely,
jeokim
MrD3
Serial Port
Views: 2,271
Message 65 of 175

Moto G5s Plus Oreo 8.1 update major problems

Updating to Oreo 8.1 has caused major problems, for example one button nav left swipe has stopped working, cannot see which apps are running, cannot get phone to synch with my Google account therefore have lost all contacts, Google Calendar also will not synch, can see my apps on Google Play Store but cannot update, get a message "update pending." Think problem caused by initial download of Oreo which failed to install leading to a message about a major problem with android, then managed to open phone but with very limited functionality some of which detailed detailed above. Managed to download Oreo 8.1 again and install but still have the very limited functionality. Not sure what to do next, for instance should I do factory reset if I cannot use Google play toupdate or install apps? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,254
Message 66 of 175

Re: Moto G5s Plus Oreo 8.1 update major problems

@MrD3 wrote:

Updating to Oreo 8.1 has caused major problems, for example one button nav left swipe has stopped working, cannot see whichTo reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode. apps are running, cannot get phone to synch with my Google account therefore have lost all contacts, Google Calendar also will not synch, can see my apps on Google Play Store but cannot update, get a message "update pending." Think problem caused by initial download of Oreo which failed to install leading to a message about a major problem with android, then managed to open phone but with very limited functionality some of which detailed detailed above. Managed to download Oreo 8.1 again and install but still have the very limited functionality. Not sure what to do next, for instance should I do factory reset if I cannot use Google play toupdate or install apps? 

With all the problems you describe, a reset may be the next step. It doesn't sound like it could get any worse. 

Have you tried safe mode yet?

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MrD3
Serial Port
Views: 2,223
Message 67 of 175

Thank you very much for your response, not sure what to do in safe mode but will give it a go before trying a factory reset, as you say things can't get much worse!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,216
Message 68 of 175

@MrD3 wrote:
Thank you very much for your response, not sure what to do in safe mode but will give it a go before trying a factory reset, as you say things can't get much worse!

safe mode stops 3rd party apps from running.. it doesn't change your phone permanently, just helps easily point out if some app is the culprit. Not always 100% accurate, but no harm in trying. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MrD3
Serial Port
Views: 2,182
Message 69 of 175

Hello again, did factory reset and all seems back to normal! Thanks again for your advice, much appreciated! :-)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,167
Message 70 of 175

@MrD3 wrote:

Hello again, did factory reset and all seems back to normal! Thanks again for your advice, much appreciated! :-)

Glad to hear that. Sorry you had to reset, but often it is the quickest way. Sometimes the only way. 

Top Kudoed Authors