Message 71 of 175

Re: WiFi drops after Oreo update

Even I am getting same issue after Oreo update
tacomacountyboy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,503
Message 72 of 175

WiFi problems in Moto g5s plus

This is the first time I'm using this form, so please bear.

(MOTOROLA G5S PLUS)

After updating to Oreo, (in a few days) phone's WiFi seems to drop every 30 seconds or so, when it's connected nothing works as it shows no internet (even though there is).The security is WPA2 PSK.

My other phone has no issues with the internet and the router/modem itself has no problems.

It seems the issue is from the Moto g5s plus itself.

I have done a factory reset and it did not solve the issue.

Any ways to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Turtz9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,473
Message 73 of 175

Re: WiFi problems in Moto g5s plus after Oreo 8.1 update

The wifi on my moto g5plus after the Oreo 8.1 update doesn't work even for 1 sec. No matter to which wifi I can't. It just connects to wifi and even the WhatsApp messages can't be sent, forgot about anything else.

Have tried with friends wifi and even my office wifi. The office wifi is working for other 500 people. No one can say wifi has problem. Definitely it's the phone that's has turned to (removed) after Oreo 8.1 update.

I see there are numerous people and many sites where this problem is mentioned. Not only in notify plus but for other phones as well.

Then why you guys are not doing anything or at least say yes we know problem is there and we are in process of resolving it.

Dont know what kind of testing you guys do before releasing.

I have done all kinds of reset, even factory reset, nothing works. It's not problem with any app, it's a problem with phone in general. Even with factory reset, nothing installed on phone, wifi doesn't work. Safe mode or anything, everything doesn't resolves the issue.

Just 1 questions to you experts:

Are you guys capable enough to resolve the issue? Or will you just keep dodging it with answers like try this try that, give feedback to the app developer, etc etc?

If you guys are capable enough, are you going to resolve it with a new update? Or you won't even answer this thread as you guys don't care?

Anas10
Paper Tape
Views: 2,339
Message 74 of 175

Re: Moto G5s Oreo 8.1 update major problems

WiFi connectivity issue in Moto g5s after Oreo update.wifi works well with mobile hotspot,but has connectivity issue with router.

chaoticblonde
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,324
Message 75 of 175

I'm having this problem with my moto g5s plus as well.  The problem seems to be getting worse.  Few days ago it would connect to the wifi for a second and then disconnect, but after following the suggested fixes it will not connect to wifi at all.  It just continously tries and fails.

Subhan_md
Serial Port
Views: 1,306
Message 76 of 175

As specified earlier, only workaround is to change mobile network of all sims from 4G to 3G if you want to connect to WiFi.

@chaoticblonde wrote:

I'm having this problem with my moto g5s plus as well.  The problem seems to be getting worse.  Few days ago it would connect to the wifi for a second and then disconnect, but after following the suggested fixes it will not connect to wifi at all.  It just continously tries and fails.

ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,292
Message 77 of 175

Hello Moto/ Lenovo 

How can any organization be so insensitive towards its customers???We were better off without this update!!! Please help us in restoring to earlier version.

Thanks

chaoticblonde
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,515
Message 78 of 175

Thank you, but I've disconnected from wifi, tried this and then reset my phone and tried to reconnect to wifi.  It did not solve the problem.

nav1989
What's DOS?
Views: 1,524
Message 79 of 175

Moto g5s plus...Wifi keeps disconnecting

My wifi is keep disconnecting in every 2-3 minutes. It is frustrating a Lot. I bought this phone with android 7 and updated it to Oreo now. I bought this phone 3 week ago.

ajithsrc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,406
Message 80 of 175

This issue is not resolved. Can I request everyone facing the issue to share the issues in social media as lenovo seems not bothered with our concerns.

Top Kudoed Authors