Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majkee
What's DOS?
Views: 1,018
Message 81 of 175

Re: Moto G5s Plus Oreo 8.1 update major problems

Hello, with Nougat I was using my G5 plus for contactless payments through NFC. After the Oreo update I am not able to turn the NFC on. The update process to Oreo seemed without errors.

Anyone facing similar problems? Any ideas how to solve this issue?

parthasarathis
What's DOS?
Views: 721
Message 82 of 175

Re: WiFi drops after Oreo update

Hi,

I came here facing the same issue. Wifi is frequently disconnecting even for me after oreo update. I've tried all that are suggested by moto agents. No luck. Come on this is a real serious problem. When there are plenty of people reporting the same issue, Motorola should take this seriously  and release an update soon. I also walked in to Moto authorized servicing center and that guy made me wait for 1 hr and returned my phone. All he did was factory reset phone. LOL.

It has been many days since the last update. Please release a new update soon to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Sarathi.

Sanjeev25
Paper Tape
Views: 928
Message 83 of 175

hi, i own a Moto G5s plus(unfortunately) . before oreo update this phone was doing just fine , but since i have updated this to OREO the wifi is not working anymore. this is not with every single wifi router but it does happens with many. like , i am using my office wifi from a long now, even my samsung mobile is still connected and working properly but in my moto wifi gets connected but internet does not works . I disconnected every other connected devices thinking the wifi router might have too much users but still got no luck. i have done the reset thing (even reset the router) but no use. i have attached the bug report , please have a look and advise if it gets sorted.https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RoH0FPmYMrflzpMz2__yhc6vwoYONvV/view?usp=sharing

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 670
Message 83 of 175
Moved:

sgambh
Paper Tape
Views: 695
Message 85 of 175

I am also having same issue after I updated my phone to Oreo. WiFi keeps disconnecting and it's too irritating while doing any transaction online. So I have to mostly keep my phone on mobile data.

Shape
Paper Tape
Views: 668
Message 86 of 175

Same issue here: G5S Plus, Oreo 8.1, WiFi drops on three different routers.

After 1 year (12 MONTHS) with the bluetooth issue that didn't allow to use my smartwatch, now this awful WiFi issue.

Surely I'll never buy a Lenovo smartphone anymore.

Panthii
What's DOS?
Views: 744
Message 87 of 175

Yesterday I've received October security patch update in my G5s plus and after installing it my system camera keeps crashing as I go to open. It doesn't let me open it. Please help me on that.

ArunpGoyal
Fanfold Paper
Views: 595
Message 88 of 175

Hello fellow users

Did anyone get any solution?

I am planning to file complaint in consumer forum. You all also can do that for waking up the Lenovo from deep slumber.

iampowerslave
Token Ring
Views: 577
Message 89 of 175

I'm really schocked you haven't got a fix yet. I had Oreo 8.1 update for retus without wifi issues and then another patch (October) and you still haven't received a patch for that which may render your phone unusable.

anjandeshpande
Paper Tape
Views: 553
Message 90 of 175

Re: WiFi problem on Moto g5s plus on Oreo

I have used atleast 5 routers, in that I am getting same issue.

Top Kudoed Authors