Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauravadbale
What's DOS?
Views: 1,122
Message 1 of 3

phone not starting after getting dropped in water

I accidently dropped my  moto g5s plus s in water. When i took it out it was working. i switched off the mobile immediately and kept it for drying for 3 hours. After 3 hours I switched it on and charged it. It was working totally fine now. The next day when i woke up it was compltely dead. I tried charging it but it wasn't responding. I showed it to the service centre, they told that the MOTHERBOARD is damaged and would cost me around 70% of the phone cost. 

Did they correctly diagnosed the problem? Because the phone is very much waterproff (as per the mentioned specifications)

Internetpilot
HDMI
Views: 1,109
Message 2 of 3

Re: phone not starting after getting dropped in water

@gauravadbale wrote:

I accidently dropped my  moto g5s plus s in water ... Because the phone is very much waterproff (as per the mentioned specifications)

From the Motorola website specs:

"Water repellent nano-coating - Advanced nano-coating technology creates a water repellent barrier to help protect against moderate exposure to water such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain. Not designed to be submersed in water, or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids; Not waterproof."

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,105
Message 3 of 3

Re: phone not starting after getting dropped in water

@gauravadbale wrote:

I accidently dropped my  moto g5s plus s in water. When i took it out it was working. i switched off the mobile immediately and kept it for drying for 3 hours. After 3 hours I switched it on and charged it. It was working totally fine now. The next day when i woke up it was compltely dead. I tried charging it but it wasn't responding. I showed it to the service centre, they told that the MOTHERBOARD is damaged and would cost me around 70% of the phone cost. 

Did they correctly diagnosed the problem? Because the phone is very much waterproff (as per the mentioned specifications)

I don’t remeber the G5 being listed as water proof. 

Yes it is water damaged.  I would get a new phone, as other parts are likely to fail after motherboard is replaced. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors