Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VVW
Paper Tape
Views: 267
Message 1 of 9

"Do not disturb" with multiple calendars

I have Moto g5s+ with 8.1.0 with all apps updated. I have signed into two google accounts and there are multiple calendars with both the accounts. I am trying to use the "DND" feature. I have set the Automatic Event Rule (as described here) to "Any Calendar", "Priority only".

It is working perfectly fine but only with events of the default calendar of only one account. The DND settings are ignored for all events of all other calendars. This is irrespective of the event settings (Busy/Free) in the calendar(s).

Am I missing somethnig in the settings? Is there any way to enable it for a specific calendar?

Thanks in advance

-- VW

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 229
Message 2 of 9

Re: "Do not disturb" with multiple calendars

@VVW wrote:

I have Moto g5s+ with 8.1.0 with all apps updated. I have signed into two google accounts and there are multiple calendars with both the accounts. I am trying to use the "DND" feature. I have set the Automatic Event Rule (as described here) to "Any Calendar", "Priority only".

It is working perfectly fine but only with events of the default calendar of only one account. The DND settings are ignored for all events of all other calendars. This is irrespective of the event settings (Busy/Free) in the calendar(s).

Am I missing somethnig in the settings? Is there any way to enable it for a specific calendar?

Thanks in advance

-- VW

This is very odd. I tested this on my G5S Plus with 2 google account, my work and my personal. I set up the DND rule for any calendar as mentioned in the FAQ. I then created an event from 9:00 am - 9:04 am on my personal account. I then set up an event from 9:05 am - 9:07 am on my work account. The DND rule activated for the personal event and turned off as expected at 9:04. The DND rule also activated at 9:05 am based on the even on my work account. I'm curious the items on the 2nd calendar are they events or are they reminders? I think DND will only trigger based off of events. Also, are the events overlapping on the 2 calendars? Do any of the events on the 2nd calendar trigger the DND?

-Tom

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
VVW
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 3 of 9

The events I am adding on the second calendar are "Events" as per Google terminology. However today morning I noticed another (possibly relevant) point:

My list of Google calendars has one calendar called 

my-gmail-id Events

Other calendar names are given by me. The problem in my original post is for these "other" calendars only, even if the entry created there is of the type Event. This behaviour is independent of the google account, whether primary or secondary. I also experimented by creating a new calendar. But no luck.

-- VW

VVW
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 4 of 9

The main difference I can see in these calendars is:

The good calendars (for which DND is working) have calendar id as 

username@gmail.com

Whereas the bad ones (for which DND is not working) have calendar id as

s0m3h@shC0de@group.calendar.google.com 
(some-hash-code-string@group.calendar.google.com)

I hope this helps in identifying the issue!

- VW

Motorola Admin
Views: 183
Message 5 of 9

@VVW wrote:

The main difference I can see in these calendars is:

The good calendars (for which DND is working) have calendar id as 

username@gmail.com

Whereas the bad ones (for which DND is not working) have calendar id as

s0m3h@shC0de@group.calendar.google.com 
(some-hash-code-string@group.calendar.google.com)

I hope this helps in identifying the issue!

- VW

How are you creating these other calendars? Can you give me the steps so I further understand and attempt to duplicate? 

-Tom

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
VVW
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 6 of 9

Situation: I am logged in with my gmail ID and have opened the page (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/b/1/r?pli=1). The current view for is Week view.

1. On the left side of the page, below the small month calendar, there is a text box with "Add Calendar", with 3 DOTS. If you click on those the DOTS, there is an option called Create New Calendar.
  2. Clicking on this option opens a new page.
  3. Enter name (and description, if any) and then click Create Calendar.

Then created an event and ensured Busy option has been set. I experimented with web interface as well as mobile interface.

VVW
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 7 of 9

Any updates?

Sorry for the (unnecessary?) bump on the thread... I just dont want it go down the memory lane!!!

Motorola Admin
Views: 96
Message 8 of 9

So I've been able to see exactly what you're talking about. I also asked around and did some googling. This appears to be working as designed, albeit not a great design, but none the less it's working as designed. It appears that only the main calendar on the Google accounts are used for DND. Sub-calendars do not work for DND rules. 

-Tom

-Tom

VVW
Paper Tape
Views: 79
Message 9 of 9

Thanks Tom for the reply. I am disappointed to hear that sub-calendars are not used for DND. I reuqest the appropriate team(s) to raise this as an issue / feature request to the developers and until it is fixed, document it.

Thanks once again.

-- VVW

Top Kudoed Authors