02-11-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 8

Android 9 - Lose LTE signal when receiving call

2020-02-11, 18:42 PM

I started experiencing this after the Android 9 system update. I am using the "Network Cell Info Lite" app to monitor my cell connection, and I'm on AT&T with a Moto G6 bought about 1.5 years ago.

My phone is reporting a good  LTE signal (-96 dBm) with a consistant quality signal. As soon as someone tries to call me, my LTE signal drops down to -140 dBm and the phone switches to a weak UMTS signal. Sometimes the call will go through, sometimes not. If I don't answer, as soon as the caller stops the call, my phone will again connect to the LTE signal and the signal strength will go back to normal.

My office mate sitting 5 feet from me with a Samsung Galaxy S9 (also using Network Cell Info Lite) sees no drop in the LTE signal when she receives a call.

What's up with my phone?!?!? This seems really odd.

Thanks!

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Views: 16454
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Android 9 - Lose LTE signal when receiving call

2020-02-12, 7:45 AM

wrote:

I started experiencing this after the Android 9 system update. I am using the "Network Cell Info Lite" app to monitor my cell connection, and I'm on AT&T with a Moto G6 bought about 1.5 years ago.

My phone is reporting a good  LTE signal (-96 dBm) with a consistant quality signal. As soon as someone tries to call me, my LTE signal drops down to -140 dBm and the phone switches to a weak UMTS signal. Sometimes the call will go through, sometimes not. If I don't answer, as soon as the caller stops the call, my phone will again connect to the LTE signal and the signal strength will go back to normal.

My office mate sitting 5 feet from me with a Samsung Galaxy S9 (also using Network Cell Info Lite) sees no drop in the LTE signal when she receives a call.

What's up with my phone?!?!? This seems really odd.

Thanks!

Hi WhidbeyG6,

Thanks for posting and sorry to know about this. I would like you to reset your Network Settings and see if the issue persists-- Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset option > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. 

Also, check with another SIM card and see if it's the same. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-11-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-02-13, 5:35 AM

Thank you for the reply!

I've already tried doing the reset of wifi, bluetooth and mobile. That didn't fix it. Unfortunately, I don't have another SIM card to try.

Any other ideas?

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-02-14, 4:27 AM

wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

I've already tried doing the reset of wifi, bluetooth and mobile. That didn't fix it. Unfortunately, I don't have another SIM card to try.

Any other ideas?

Hi WhidbeyG6,

Thanks for trying! Kindly recheck if Enhanced 4G LTE Mode is enabled. It is under Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Enhanced 4G LTE Mode. Is the device is not using VoLTE for calls?

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-11-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-02-15, 1:56 AM

Strange. I don't have that option.

Under Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network, I only have

Mobile Data (on/off switch)

Roaming (on/off switch)

App data usage

Advanced (which only has "Access Point Names" under it)

Doing a search of settings I don't find anything with "volte" either. I also don't find anything in settings searching for "lte"

I'm on Android 9.

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-02-17, 2:58 AM

wrote:

Strange. I don't have that option.

Under Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile Network, I only have

Mobile Data (on/off switch)

Roaming (on/off switch)

App data usage

Advanced (which only has "Access Point Names" under it)

Doing a search of settings I don't find anything with "volte" either. I also don't find anything in settings searching for "lte"

I'm on Android 9.

Hi WhidbeyG6,

Can you share a screenshot of your Network & Internet? Let me have a look at it.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

02-11-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-02-19, 18:05 PM

Thank you again for your help! I apologize for the delayed response.

Here are the screenshots. 

Thanks!

Options

1483 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

270 Signins

16454 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-02-21, 3:51 AM

wrote:

Thank you again for your help! I apologize for the delayed response.

Here are the screenshots. 

Thanks!

Hi WhidbeyG6,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots and trying! This is odd, we would like to investigate this-- kindly share a Bug report and update your profile with your device IMEI number. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. 

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Also, here are the steps for the Bug Report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Suman

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save