US

200 Signins

2188 Page Views

• Views: 2188
  • Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth disconnects

2020-08-01, 0:17 AM

Hello again,

My phone is paired with several devices, among them a car and a Bluetooth audio adapter.  I use the audio adapter to run Bluetooth audio (Pandora, iHeart audio, etc.) to a receiver.  When I'm connected to the audio adapter, all is well until my wife starts her car (the phone is paired with her car).  As soon as she does that, my phone disconnects from the audio adapter and tries to connect to the car.  When the car is out of range, the phone will not reconnect to the audio adapter unless I turn off Bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on.

Does anyone know why this is happening?  Any way to stop it?

Thanks in advance.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2119 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

326 Signins

20975 Page Views

• Views: 20975
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Bluetooth disconnects

2020-08-05, 8:50 AM

@ FrogFan wrote:

Hello again,

My phone is paired with several devices, among them a car and a Bluetooth audio adapter.  I use the audio adapter to run Bluetooth audio (Pandora, iHeart audio, etc.) to a receiver.  When I'm connected to the audio adapter, all is well until my wife starts her car (the phone is paired with her car).  As soon as she does that, my phone disconnects from the audio adapter and tries to connect to the car.  When the car is out of range, the phone will not reconnect to the audio adapter unless I turn off Bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us again. I would like to inform you that most cars have the ability to set priority devices. 

I would ensure that your phone is not set as the priority device. Maybe set her phone as the primary/priority and see if it stops your phone from disconnecting from the adapter hooked up to your receiver.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

31 Posts

10-17-2016

US

200 Signins

2188 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-08-07, 21:48 PM

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@ FrogFan wrote:

Hello again,

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us again. I would like to inform you that most cars have the ability to set priority devices. 

I would ensure that your phone is not set as the priority device. Maybe set her phone as the primary/priority and see if it stops your phone from disconnecting from the adapter hooked up to your receiver.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Thanks Suman.

My wife's car is a 2011 Lexus.  There are separate procedures for pairing a "phone" and a "media player" on that car.  My wife's phone is paired as a phone and my phone is paired as both a phone and (the only) media player.  If there is a priority setting, I've missed it, but it is true that my wife's phone connects (as a phone) if both hers and mine are in the car when we start the car.  Moreover, my phone connects as the media player.  Because there is only one media player connected, I'm guessing there's no way to affect its priority without disconnecting it.  I guess I'll just leave it the way it is and put up with it.  

I was really hoping there was a setting on the phone somewhere to stop a disconnect if other devices became in-range; i.e., leave a connected device connected.  Based on your reply, I guess that's not an option.

Options

2372 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2957 Signins

54426 Page Views

• Views: 54426
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-08-10, 19:30 PM

@ FrogFan wrote:

Thanks Suman.

My wife's car is a 2011 Lexus.  There are separate procedures for pairing a "phone" and a "media player" on that car.  My wife's phone is paired as a phone and my phone is paired as both a phone and (the only) media player.  If there is a priority setting, I've missed it, but it is true that my wife's phone connects (as a phone) if both hers and mine are in the car when we start the car.  Moreover, my phone connects as the media player.  Because there is only one media player connected, I'm guessing there's no way to affect its priority without disconnecting it.  I guess I'll just leave it the way it is and put up with it.  

I was really hoping there was a setting on the phone somewhere to stop a disconnect if other devices became in-range; i.e., leave a connected device connected.  Based on your reply, I guess that's not an option.

Hello, It appears the phone is working as designed. The car is making the request for the media connection and stopping the media connection to the stereo. While there is no set it and forget it type of workaround, I do have one suggestion. If you go to your Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap on the gear by the car connection and toggle off Media audio. This should stop the car from stealing the connection, but you will have to remember to toggle it back on when you want to use it in the car again. I hope that helps.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

31 Posts

10-17-2016

US

200 Signins

2188 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-08-10, 21:30 PM

Hello, It appears the phone is working as designed. The car is making the request for the media connection and stopping the media connection to the stereo. While there is no set it and forget it type of workaround, I do have one suggestion. If you go to your Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap on the gear by the car connection and toggle off Media audio. This should stop the car from stealing the connection, but you will have to remember to toggle it back on when you want to use it in the car again. I hope that helps.

-Tom

Thanks Tom.  That's good to know.  I didn't realize the phone worked that way.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete