Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-16-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 2

Cannot Find/View Pictures from Messages App on Moto G6 Play

2018-09-16, 4:41 AM

After holding down a finger to save an attachment, my phone tells me that it "has been saved to the 'Messages' folder".

Going into my Photos app shows no new 'Messages' folders had been made. The media doesn't show up in 'Downloads' either.

In my Files app, after hitting the top left bars, hitting 'moto G6 play > pictures' does show a 'Messages' folder, however my phone is not able to 'open the file'.

I just bought my Moto G6 Play today, and am confused to what is happening and why.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot Find/View Pictures from Messages App on Moto G6 Play

2018-09-17, 14:35 PM

wrote:

After holding down a finger to save an attachment, my phone tells me that it "has been saved to the 'Messages' folder".

Going into my Photos app shows no new 'Messages' folders had been made. The media doesn't show up in 'Downloads' either.

In my Files app, after hitting the top left bars, hitting 'moto G6 play > pictures' does show a 'Messages' folder, however my phone is not able to 'open the file'.

I just bought my Moto G6 Play today, and am confused to what is happening and why.

Hello levelwhat,

Can we try this--In the Photos apps, tap on the hamburger menu on the top left > Device Folders > Messages. You should see the photos in the Messages folder.

If you do not see then we can try creating the folder manually using a file manager .../Internal Storage/Pictures/Messages

Let us know if this helps?

Thanks,
Swaraj
Moto Support
If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)