08-21-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

245 Page Views

• Views: 245
  • Message 11 of 34

Re: Cannot enable Mobile Data after Android 9 update

2019-07-22, 4:21 AM

I am waiting for a replacement Sim card which I doubt is the solution, this sounds like a corrupted firmware install and others are reporting the exact same problems. In addition to this I previously reported I cannot receive phone calls even though I can make them, none of my apps worked post update, I have no notifications, I cannot receive app options when pressing on the app listing in the settings mode, and I don't have the right-hand Doc button amongst  a lot of other strangness.

I expect to be returning the phone to Lenovo for repair as I am told they cannot reflash the firmware over the corrupted install..... I'm very sorry I upgraded since I was satisfied with Oreo and would urge others considering an upgrade to wait and monitor this thread. I will report on my results when I receive my phone with properly functioning Pie 9.

Stay tuned...

Options

2971 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

665 Signins

50435 Page Views

• Views: 50435
  • Message 12 of 34

2019-07-23, 12:57 PM

Hi dhf,

Software updates do not cause the phone to have an issue. In case you the replacement does not work we suggest using the Lenovo Motorola Smart Assitant Tool. You can download the app on this link on your PC. I suggest using the rescue option but before you do so make sure you back up the contents of your phone since this will reflash your device. Here is also the manual for the app: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht102605

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

16 Posts

08-21-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

245 Page Views

• Message 13 of 34

2019-07-23, 14:10 PM

Hi Zeke, thanks for the helpful links, but unfortunately I cannot get the phone into the developer mode after pressing the build number 7 or any number of times, and I cannot download the mobile assistant from play store. This download problem has also been reported by others having problems with the Pie 9 update.

As for your comment " Software updates do not cause the phone to have an issue." I cannot agree. This phone operated perfectly with Oreo 8 firmware until a week ago when I updated to Pie 9. All problems since described relate to the update!

The firmware update is corrupted and the phone needs to be reflashed.

If I could get into the Developer mode or install the Mobile Assistant I would do the reflash.... can you help?

I will be receiving the new Sim card Thursday and probably will send the phone in for repair/replacement thereafter. Maybe /hopefully what comes back will work.

Any advice before I do that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options

2971 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

665 Signins

50435 Page Views

• Message 14 of 34

2019-07-23, 14:37 PM

Hi dhf,

The Mobile assistant cannot be downloaded on the play store. It can only be downloaded through your computer or PC using this link: https://support.lenovo.com/downloads/ds101291. You will need to connect your phone to the PC and use the rescue option which will reflash your phone. Did you receive a prompt when tapping the build number? 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

16 Posts

08-21-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

245 Page Views

• Message 15 of 34

2019-07-23, 19:49 PM

I was referring to the Mobile Assistant that must be downloaded from the Play Store if one cannot enable USB communication using the Mobile Assistant downloaded to the PC from the link you sent.

I have as I said eariler tried to enable the USB by tapping the Build Number and received no prompts even though I could see the box gray each time I tapped it.

I wanted to try RF communication but was unable to download the Assistant from the Play Store to do so.

It seems I will have to send the phone in for repair as I can't seem to be able to communicate with the G6 digitally unless you have any other suggestions.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 16 of 34

2019-07-24, 14:54 PM

wrote:

I was referring to the Mobile Assistant that must be downloaded from the Play Store if one cannot enable USB communication using the Mobile Assistant downloaded to the PC from the link you sent.

I have as I said eariler tried to enable the USB by tapping the Build Number and received no prompts even though I could see the box gray each time I tapped it.

I wanted to try RF communication but was unable to download the Assistant from the Play Store to do so.

It seems I will have to send the phone in for repair as I can't seem to be able to communicate with the G6 digitally unless you have any other suggestions.

Hi dhf,

Thank you for keeping us posted and for the additional information, If you have already tried with new SIM card with no avail--our best option would be to send it to repair, so we can have one of our team get in touch with you for further assistance.

We have sent you a Private Message, please check and revert us back.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

16 Posts

08-21-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

245 Page Views

• Message 17 of 34

2019-07-24, 16:33 PM

The new Sim card is due tomorrow, if that does not solve the problem I will contact you for repair return instructions.

Thanks for your continued attention to my problem.

Options

16 Posts

08-21-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

245 Page Views

• Message 18 of 34

2019-07-24, 20:15 PM

Private message answered and now ready for return for repair.

Please advise procedure for this in warranty repair.

Thanks

Options

2971 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

665 Signins

50435 Page Views

• Message 19 of 34

2019-07-29, 13:05 PM

Hi dhf,

Have you sent the phone in for repair? If you have questions on how to send the phone, let me know. I can assist you with that. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Options

16 Posts

08-21-2018

United States of America

26 Signins

245 Page Views

• Message 20 of 34

2019-07-29, 13:22 PM
yes, it was returned 7/25 and I am awaiting notification of replacement shipment
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms