Options

3 Posts

05-20-2018

BR

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 6

Cannot reject incoming calls due to bad button placement (too close from the botton)

2018-05-20, 15:51 PM

Hello all, first post here.

I've recently bought a Moto G6 and I'm finding it to be a very good phone. Up to now, just one thing is bothering me: it's almost impossible to reject incoming calls! I'll explain.

In order to reject a call, one need to drag down the accept/reject button, until it turns red and the call is rejected. The problem is that the original position of such button, on G6, is too close to the botton of the screen to make this work.

Every time I try this, I end up activating some "moto gesture" on the fingerprint sensor.

I'd like to know if there is some way to coinfigure the position or behaviour of such button, and ask Lenovo/Motorola to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Solved! See the solution
Options

2043 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2899 Signins

51711 Page Views

• Views: 51711
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot reject incoming calls due to bad button placement (too close from the botton)

2018-05-21, 15:09 PM

wrote:

Hello all, first post here.

I've recently bought a Moto G6 and I'm finding it to be a very good phone. Up to now, just one thing is bothering me: it's almost impossible to reject incoming calls! I'll explain.

In order to reject a call, one need to drag down the accept/reject button, until it turns red and the call is rejected. The problem is that the original position of such button, on G6, is too close to the botton of the screen to make this work.

Every time I try this, I end up activating some "moto gesture" on the fingerprint sensor.

I'd like to know if there is some way to coinfigure the position or behaviour of such button, and ask Lenovo/Motorola to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Can you confirm the model you are on? Is it a G6 or G6 Plus? I'd like to make sure we test on the same model. Also, is it possible to record a video showing the difficulty you're having?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

05-20-2018

BR

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: Cannot reject incoming calls due to bad button placement (too close from the botton)

2018-05-22, 0:57 AM

Hi Tom, it's a "plain" G6 (not Play, not Plus).

(Motorola/Lenovo should REALLY name the three of them, I always have to explain that.) ;)

I've tried to record a video with the second phone I have in my house, but I also have to use it to make the call. And when I make the call, the video recording stops. Fortunatelly, this second phone isn't a Motorola/Lenovo... :)

I'll try again with a third phone another time.

For now I can add to the description that, if the G6 is over a table when I receive the call, and I reject it using my index finger, I'm usually able to reject. But if I'm on the move and have to use my thumb to try to reject the call, it never works; I always end up activating some "moto gesture" instead.

Anyone with a G6 can try it and confirm the difficulty. If the Accept/reject button was a little up on the screen, away from the fingerprint sensor, there would be no problem.

Regards,

Fabrício.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-05-23, 11:32 AM

wrote:

Hi Tom, it's a "plain" G6 (not Play, not Plus).

(Motorola/Lenovo should REALLY name the three of them, I always have to explain that.) ;)

I've tried to record a video with the second phone I have in my house, but I also have to use it to make the call. And when I make the call, the video recording stops. Fortunatelly, this second phone isn't a Motorola/Lenovo... :)

I'll try again with a third phone another time.

For now I can add to the description that, if the G6 is over a table when I receive the call, and I reject it using my index finger, I'm usually able to reject. But if I'm on the move and have to use my thumb to try to reject the call, it never works; I always end up activating some "moto gesture" instead.

Anyone with a G6 can try it and confirm the difficulty. If the Accept/reject button was a little up on the screen, away from the fingerprint sensor, there would be no problem.

Regards,

Fabrício.

Hi, FabricioNK.

May we know what gestures does it trigger when you try to reject the call with your Thumb? We would like to further look into the same-- we are unable to duplicate the same, however, would it be possible to share us a small video showing the issue so we can try duplicating the same.

Best,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

05-20-2018

BR

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-05-25, 2:08 AM

Hi Swaraj,

I tried again, but coudn't make a decent video. With just the G6 and another phone at home, it's difficult to make a call, start a video with the same phone during the call, and properly show what's happening. So I'll just answer your question.

Depending on the situation, I end up activating one of two gestures when trying to reject a call with my thumb:

1) the "back/return" action (swipe the fingerprint sensor from right to left - I'm right handed) or

2) the "home" action (when you just touch the sensor);

As I said before, this wouldn't happen if the accept/reject button was a little further from the sensor. And there's plenty of space on the screen for that ;).

Regards,

Fabrício.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-05-25, 10:20 AM

wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

I tried again, but coudn't make a decent video. With just the G6 and another phone at home, it's difficult to make a call, start a video with the same phone during the call, and properly show what's happening. So I'll just answer your question.

Depending on the situation, I end up activating one of two gestures when trying to reject a call with my thumb:

1) the "back/return" action (swipe the fingerprint sensor from right to left - I'm right handed) or

2) the "home" action (when you just touch the sensor);

As I said before, this wouldn't happen if the accept/reject button was a little further from the sensor. And there's plenty of space on the screen for that ;).

Regards,

Fabrício.

Hello, FabricioNK.

Thank you for your feedback, looks like while answering or rejecting using "Thumb" you might be accidentally touching the "Home keys" to appear those gesture as you mentioned this is because of the placement of the dail rejection buttons. Please be advised that we have shared your feedback with our product team. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save