Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

05-31-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Elevation wrong on phone, messing up activity tracking.

2020-05-31, 2:05 AM

Using various websites like whatismyelevation.com, I can see that my phone's elevation and what the internet determines to be my elevation are off. The internet is correct and my phone is wrong. My phone often says that I am well below sea level. I live on a hill that is about 125' above sea level. When I use Strava to map my hiking, the elevation is correct, when I use S Health, or Endomondo, it says, again, that I am below sea level. I can see the sea, I am definitely not below it. How can I get my phone re-calibrated to be accurate like the Strava app? I have the phone GPS set for both Wi-Fi scanning and Bluetooth Scanning. Google Location Accuracy is turned on as well.

Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

901 Signins

22073 Page Views

• Views: 22073
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Elevation wrong on phone, messing up activity tracking.

2020-06-01, 19:06 PM

What testing process are you using to determine that it is your phone that is displaying the wrong elevation?  You stated that the Strava app computes the elevation correctly using the phone's internal GPS hardware.  The same GPS hardware is presumably used by two other apps that place your shoes somewhere below sea level.  

HINT: Maybe you should ask the authors or support staff of THOSE two apps why their calculated elevations are always wrong on your G6 phone. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms