09-16-2019

GB

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 1 of 4

Flip to dnd

2020-08-13, 14:06 PM

I have this enabled in moto actions. Vibrate is on. When I put phone display down it vibrates and dnd switches on. If I then pick it up straight away, it goes back to normal. All ok. But why is it that if I leave it for a little longer, when I pick it up there is no vibration and it appears dnd had switched off by itself? I only noticed it because I was getting notifications with display down, and I have notifications disabled during dnd. It looks like this very useful feature is not working as it should. This is happening on my moto g6 play.

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

384 Signins

26895 Page Views

• Views: 26895
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Flip to dnd

2020-08-17, 8:37 AM

@ pwalk wrote:

I have this enabled in moto actions. Vibrate is on. When I put phone display down it vibrates and dnd switches on. If I then pick it up straight away, it goes back to normal. All ok. But why is it that if I leave it for a little longer, when I pick it up there is no vibration and it appears dnd had switched off by itself? I only noticed it because I was getting notifications with display down, and I have notifications disabled during dnd. It looks like this very useful feature is not working as it should. This is happening on my moto g6 play.

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us! IN order to assist you further, please confirm with this-- When the screen face down, does it vibrate and make audible sounds or silent?

Kindly let us know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

15 Posts

09-16-2019

GB

19 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-08-17, 8:42 AM

Normally it doesn't, as the DnD is active. The vibration I mentioned is when DnD activates/deactivates only.

I haven't had this problem since though.

I'm wondering whether it was to do with the fact that I was actually on a moving train when the problem occurred, putting the screen face down on table. Maybe train movement deactivated DnD?

Options

2884 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

384 Signins

26895 Page Views

• Views: 26895
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-08-19, 10:52 AM

@ pwalk wrote:

Normally it doesn't, as the DnD is active. The vibration I mentioned is when DnD activates/deactivates only.

I haven't had this problem since though.

I'm wondering whether it was to do with the fact that I was actually on a moving train when the problem occurred, putting the screen face down on table. Maybe train movement deactivated DnD?

Actually any movement can make this behavior. I don't think this is an issue. Please let us know if you experience this again.

We're always here to help!

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete