IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 11 of 51

Re: G6+ Andr 9 Dolby App horrible and sound much too loud

2019-04-23, 14:08 PM

Hello there,

Thanks for posting and for your feedback. We would like to look into this, could you help us with a small video sample showing the bar at the minimum and having loud volume and moving the bar to higher to see how it goes?

For all those who are facing crackling sound post update on higher volume—please help us with a sample video. We would like to take a look.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

04-23-2019

DE

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 12 of 51

2019-04-24, 21:03 PM

Sorry but I don't know how to do that. I believe it is pretty evident. The problem has been properly explained + pictures have been pposted. This issue is being confronted by many users and must be taken into consideration. For the moment, I am moving back to my old samsung cellphone. I hope this problem get fixed soon. Cheers

Options

2 Posts

04-03-2019

CA

3 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 13 of 51

2019-04-25, 1:47 AM

Not sure how this will help unless you have a reference sound file which you would like for us to play and some way to measure the decibel rating of that file at a fixed distance. In anycase the problem is simple restore the functionality which was previously available. 

I am now using Bass Booster & Equalizer ( by Coocent, on the google play store ). When it works it is able to reduce the volume of sound by 15 dB's. I set mine to about -10 dB across all frequencies and that makes the minumum volume OK for ME.

Sound loudness is subjective, what may be fine for some is not fine for all. The min volume provided in stock pie is subjectively too loud for me, and others in this post. The solution is to allow people to customize their sound ranges in the equalizer to work for all owners. Why, this was only implemented for headphones, and not for the built in speaker is beyond comprehension. Restore the old app, or allow us to use the equalizer for the built in speaker.

If you insist you need a video then provide a sound file which can be played on our phones and a uniform way to measure the volume output of that file.  The problem is not because my speaker is too loud, but more likely that my ears are more sensitive to noise then the engineer who choose the minimum volume.

Options

16 Posts

03-24-2019

RS

53 Signins

345 Page Views

• Views: 345
  • Message 14 of 51

2019-04-25, 21:41 PM

Not buying mororola phone if this its not fixed soon, its a simple update, i wish there was option to reverse pie update, i feel so stupid updating phone, it was working amazing in oreo, there are more problems but this one its biggest one 

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 15 of 51

2019-04-26, 16:07 PM

Hi All,

Please be informed that we have tested our devices and were unable to notice any issue. We request you to provide us a sample Video showing what you notice as requested earlier, this will help us investigate and escalate further. Just play any media file—record a video—move the slider all the way to a minimum on speaker and now gradually increase the volume to max.

Thanks,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

05-01-2019

US

4 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 16 of 51

2019-05-01, 15:45 PM

I am saddened that you say there is no problem. It is an obvious problem (just play a YouTube video on Moto g6 phone and a different phone and compare minimum volumes as I have done)

If it's not remedied I will not buy Motorola again.

Your demands for videos from people to show the problem (when many have complained on the internet) and subsequent denial of there even being a problem, ranks as some of the worst customer service I've ever seen.

Is your questioning of there even being a  problem actually for the attention of prospective buyers who might be scanning forums before buying a phone?

Forr prospective buyers....there is a problem.

Options

1 Posts

05-01-2019

GB

2 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 17 of 51

2019-05-01, 22:09 PM

I suugest that there is a problem and you are not listening. First rule of writing software is to listen to customers.

Customers are important. Some people pay lots of money to listen to customers, some people choose to ignore them or listen to them. Some people misunderstand the feedback and assume that there is no problem. 

It takes diligence and hard work to root out the problem.

Regards.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 18 of 51

2019-05-02, 10:21 AM

Hi!

I certainly understand and we do appreciate your feedback and the same has been passed along to our product team for further investigation. But, it would also be great if we get a 'sample video' from user showing the difference which will help us escalate this further.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

05-03-2019

GB

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 19 of 51

2019-05-03, 22:53 PM

Like the other people here I too would like to complain about the volume level on the g6. As others have stated even on the lowest setting the volume level for media is too loud. You've asked for a video showing this but I can't see how that can help what is a very simple problem. Perhaps an option for "night mode" which reduces the volume level further would be an idea. As it stands I can no longer use my phone in certain circumstances due to this problem. Very dissapoonted with a school boy error :-(

Options

2 Posts

03-18-2019

BR

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 20 of 51

2019-05-04, 0:47 AM
I think the issue is very clear, after the update we are not allowed to control the sound equalizer for the speaker though Dolby Audio - it only works if a stereo headphone is connected, which makes no sense at all, especially because before the update we didn't have this issue.

Now, I'm not sure how or what you guys even "tested", for the issue is very clear and requires no "testing", just a revert to the way Dolby Audio used to work.

I honestly can't see how difficult it is to understand neither why a "video footage" would be required for you guys to do something.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save