Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-02-2019

United States of America

6 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 1

G6 - Cannot Transfer Files Through USB!!?

2019-08-02, 20:24 PM

3 days ago I finally hit the "system update" button that kept appearing for weeks in my notifications... 

Since then, the following is now true: 

- I can no longer trasnfer pics/files from my phone to my PC. Previously when I plugged in, I'd get a notification of the requested connect, tap to allow, and all was good. Since the update, that notification has disappeared, and I've been googling what needs to be done, yet there appears to be nowhere I can setup permissions as all recommendations I've seen are flat out wrong about there being a storage option for USB connections in Android 9... At least none on my phone.

- Charging - Cannot charge my phone, it now automatically goes into slow charge mode that is so slow, it actually drains faster than it charges. Unless I go into safe mode. When I go into safe mode, rapid charging returns. 

There's a host of other changes and bugs that essentially make me want to just trash the phone now. It's nearly unusable. Thanks a lot Motorolla and Google! Ruined the entire phone. :( 

Hoping someone has a fix or work-around? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms