DE

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 4

G6 Play Battery Saver Mode/Quick Settings Menu

2018-08-15, 19:21 PM

Hi all, 

Has anyone figured out how to remove the ghastly orange that appears at the top and bottom of the G6 Play when battery saver mode is on?  Coupled with the fact that Twilight (and similar) don't work in the notifications area or across the bottom anymore with the Oreo update, the phone is very hard on the eyes at night.

I could always turn it off, but I got the Play precisely because I wanted a phone that would need recharging only rarely.

Options

5405 Posts

07-12-2014

US

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G6 Play Battery Saver Mode/Quick Settings Menu

2018-08-16, 18:58 PM

Hi RustyWalliams,

I understand your sentiment. I'm afraid there is no way to remove the orange indication that the phone is in battery saver mode. We're always looking for opportunities to improve our products. Thank you for your feedback. We'll forward it to our product team.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

03-11-2020

US

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:G6 Play Battery Saver Mode/Quick Settings Menu

2020-03-11, 14:27 PM

I had a great experience with a Moto G5 Plus so when I needed a new phone I bought a Moto G6 (Amazon Special Edition 4GB ram/64GB storage) on Cyber Monday. I've had the G6 2 days and I'm starting to wonder if I got a unit with a bad battery. I unplugged my phone this morning and without even turning on the screen I was at 95%battery 20 min later. While Playing Clash Royale the battery will drain 1% every 30-45 seconds and it doesn't seem right, I expected more from a brand new phone. Does anyone else have any experience with this phone and is battery life really that bad?

I am in the process of returning the phone to Amazon and don't know if I should try again with the G6 or look for something totally different. Besides the battery I really like the phone and I'm hoping this isn't normal peryourhealth

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Views: 16644
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:G6 Play Battery Saver Mode/Quick Settings Menu

2020-03-12, 6:23 AM

Hi jinnu11,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for posting! I would suggest you please check your device in Safe Mode and see if it's the same. Also, Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save