Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

07-02-2018

GB

100 Signins

547 Page Views

  • Posts: 35
  • Registered: ‎07-02-2018
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 547
  • Message 71 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-13, 10:05 AM

Swaraj

 

The profile update system will not accept the IMEI numbers nor the serial number of my phone.

 

So no, I haven't updated my profile as you recommend.

 

Geoff.

Reply
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5988
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 72 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-13, 10:19 AM

 wrote:

Just wanted to add my name to the list. GPS not functioning with sat nav apps. I will now attempt the workaround - or buy a different brand....


Hi Mr_Blackburn,

 

Thank you for reporting, sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. May I know if you have issue only with the "Sat nav app"? Have you tested with google maps?

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5988
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 73 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-13, 10:23 AM

 wrote:

Swaraj

 

The profile update system will not accept the IMEI numbers nor the serial number of my phone.

 

So no, I haven't updated my profile as you recommend.

 

Geoff.


Sorry about the trouble, have you followed these steps? If not you can share us via private message. Here is how you can do it.

 

Let us know if you have further questions?

 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

26 Posts

07-07-2018

DE

55 Signins

269 Page Views

  • Posts: 26
  • Registered: ‎07-07-2018
  • Location: DE
  • Views: 269
  • Message 74 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-13, 10:44 AM

Hello Agent_Swaraj,

 

you can be sure there are not a problem with any nav app, it's a problem with the systemstart!

I hoped to have this explained already. During systemstart gets GPS off no matter how is fixed in the location settings.

I can not understand why Motorola need some weeks (months) to solve this simply problem?

Reply
Options

13 Posts

06-08-2018

DE

23 Signins

196 Page Views

  • Posts: 13
  • Registered: ‎06-08-2018
  • Location: DE
  • Views: 196
  • Message 75 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-13, 11:37 AM

 wrote:

Hello Agent_Swaraj,

 

you can be sure there are not a problem with any nav app, it's a problem with the systemstart!

I hoped to have this explained already. During systemstart gets GPS off no matter how is fixed in the location settings.

I can not understand why Motorola need some weeks (months) to solve this simply problem?


Correct, Gerd. That's exactly the reason why I keep avoiding restarts of the phone since we discovered this relation.

Reply
Options

1 Posts

07-13-2018

BE

1 Signins

29 Page Views

  • Posts: 1
  • Registered: ‎07-13-2018
  • Location: BE
  • Views: 29
  • Message 76 of 264

GPS Moto G6 plus not accurate

2018-07-13, 15:18 PM

Hello, 

 

I'm having problems with my gps location. It is not accurate and has a lot of delay. For instance when I turn left, my gsp won't follow me for 15 seconds and its quite annoying when I'm in the city and have to take a lot of turns in a short time.

I already made a bug report, which I enclosed in this message.

 

Also in Pokémon GO, my location is never on point. I already started my device in safe mode but that didn't solve anything. Can you help me out please? 

 

Thank you very much

Reply
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5988
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 77 of 264

Re: GPS Moto G6 plus not accurate

2018-07-16, 12:16 PM

 wrote:

Hello, 

 

I'm having problems with my gps location. It is not accurate and has a lot of delay. For instance when I turn left, my gsp won't follow me for 15 seconds and its quite annoying when I'm in the city and have to take a lot of turns in a short time.

I already made a bug report, which I enclosed in this message.

 

Also in Pokémon GO, my location is never on point. I already started my device in safe mode but that didn't solve anything. Can you help me out please? 

 

Thank you very much


Thank you for reporting and sharing bug report. Appreciate your effort testing in safe mode. May I know if we are talking about the 'google maps' if yes, could you please try to perform the clear data/cache on your "Google Maps app" and test again. Let us know if you see any improvements?

 

If you are still able to replicate, then please share us another Bug report with wifi verbose enabled. Also, Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do so > settings > systems > Motorola privacy.

 

Let me know if need the steps? Do let us know if you have further questions?

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5988
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 78 of 264

Re: GPS Moto G6 plus not accurate

2018-07-18, 8:14 AM
Hi All,
 
If you are still experiencing poor/slow Location Accuracy on your device, even when set to “Battery Savings Mode” or “High Accuracy” modes, you can try the below 'workaround steps' to recover from the issue.
 
To do so:-
 
1. Go to Settings/Security & Location/Location/Mode and select “Device Only”.

2. Open Google Maps Application and Tap on My Location Icon (circled in red).

3. When Consent Dialog prompt is displayed, select OK to give consent. Note: This will
automatically change Location Mode from “Device Only” to “High Accuracy”.

4. Power-Cycle Device.
 
Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions?
 
Regards,
Swaraj
Moto Support
If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

14 Posts

08-23-2016

BE

35 Signins

315 Page Views

  • Posts: 14
  • Registered: ‎08-23-2016
  • Location: BE
  • Views: 315
  • Message 79 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-18, 8:40 AM

For what it's worth: I received a Motorola update yesterday (Build OPWS27.113-45-4, kernel date Tue June 5 2018) and this appears to have fixed the problem.  After a reboot, the GPS still works.

Reply
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5988
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 80 of 264

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

2018-07-18, 10:27 AM

 wrote:

For what it's worth: I received a Motorola update yesterday (Build OPWS27.113-45-4, kernel date Tue June 5 2018) and this appears to have fixed the problem.  After a reboot, the GPS still works.


Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We thank you for your feedback.

 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete