02-10-2019

GB

8 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 10

G6 Plus VOLTE

2019-02-10, 15:00 PM

My 2019 UK purchased G6 Plus does not support VoLTE (and therefore doesn't support WiFi calling), yet my wife's G6 Play does both. Why is this?

Both phones were bought from Currys/PC World in January 2019, and we are both with the BT mobile contracts and BT broadband.

So, this is not carrier related, nor is it a supplier issue, this is a phone issue.

The G6 Plus is at the top of the Moto G range, so why does it not support VoLTE yet the cheapest model does?

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: G6 Plus VOLTE

2019-03-07, 15:37 PM

Hi Austin322,

Thanks for reporting us, please be advised that the reason 'Moto G6 Play' works fine is that— it's supported by BT carrier nativly— whereas the Moto G6 plus does not support VoLTE/WiFi calling natively by BT carrier. For more information please contact the respected Carrier. Hope this clarifies!

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

3 Posts

02-10-2019

GB

8 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2019-03-12, 20:50 PM

Thanks for your reply. After contacting BT, I do believe it is the phone which is stopping me from attempting to connect to VoLTE or voice over WiFi.

As BT rightly point out, my G6 Plus does not have the Network Settings option to turn on VoLTE, nor the Phone Settings to enable voice over WiFi. Without these, I cannot even attempt to perform those functions with BT, yet the G6 Play did have both those options out of the box and works perfectly.

My question to you is now: Can you please advise me on how I can enable these options in the G6 Plus?

Presumably it would mean a firmware update, but once I have the options enabled, I could then attempt those connections.

Many thanks.

Options

3 Posts

06-14-2018

SK

33 Signins

209 Page Views

• Views: 209
  • Message 4 of 10

2019-06-08, 22:05 PM
I have similar situation at Orange SK network. (G6 and g6play both supports volte and vowifi, but not g6plus).
Options

8650 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1021 Signins

135472 Page Views

• Views: 135472
  • Message 5 of 10

2019-06-10, 19:57 PM

Hi korenisko1,

Thanks for posting on this thread. We'll ask around and try to confirm this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

06-14-2018

SK

33 Signins

209 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2019-06-10, 20:28 PM
Thank You, hope, you can solve it with upgrade or so...
Options

3 Posts

02-10-2019

GB

8 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2019-06-11, 19:50 PM

Thanks for looking into this, it will make a big difference if/when resolved.

Options

1234 Posts

03-11-2019

US

523 Signins

36050 Page Views

• Views: 36050
  • Message 8 of 10

2019-06-24, 13:38 PM

Hi Austin322 and korenisko1,

We have confirmed that Orange Network and BT Mobile does not support VoLTE and VoWiFi for the Moto G6 Plus. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

06-14-2018

SK

33 Signins

209 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2019-06-24, 13:58 PM

??? thanks for confirming this.

I hoped, that you poke devs, so Motorola include volte / vowifi support in next firmware update...

Options

59 Posts

10-06-2018

GB

173 Signins

1991 Page Views

• Views: 1991
  • Message 10 of 10

2020-01-06, 1:47 AM

wrote:

Hi Austin322 and korenisko1,

We have confirmed that Orange Network and BT Mobile does not support VoLTE and VoWiFi for the Moto G6 Plus. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

@Agent_Zeke

You have said

You have not said why.

Why The Moto G6 Play, and not the Moto G6 or the Moto G6 Plus.

People aren’t stating their model. Was it the XT1925-5 , XT1926-5 (4GB/64GB or 6GB/64GB) or XT1926-6 or XT1926-7, or XT1926-8 etc that are effected

Is this for all models of the Moto G6? The answer is no!

You have not said if this problem will be resolved.

You State:

Yes we know that Customers who have bought Moto G6 Plus have not access to VoLTE or VoWifi.

Orange Network and BT Mobile does not support VoLTE and VoWiFi for any number of phones  but VoLTE/VoWifi still work on them.

Have you confirmed that Orange Network and BT Mobile does support VoLTE and VoWifi for the Moto G6 Play, or indeed for the Moto G7.

BT Mobile standard answer on their website

If you didn’t buy your Android phone from BT Mobile, or it’s an older model, we can’t guarantee that it'll work with Wi-Fi Calling. This is because we can’t guarantee which firmware is installed on the device as this can depend on where you buy your device from.

However, a number of customers have told us that they’re able to use Wi-Fi Calling on other Android devices. These include but aren’t limited to:

Your confirmation does not confirm that the problem is with the carrier (e.g. BT or Orange).

In this case the carrier is blaming the firmware supplied.

Surely in the E.U. all firmware should be compatible with all networks and all forms of communication.

The Moto G6 plus connects with the network via the SIM card and for some reason the Moto G6 plus is not allowed full access to the network. Could this be because of proprietary agreements between the carrier and the firmware suppliers. If this is the case why as consumers were we not informed about these agreement restrictions before we purchased the phones, and would we be entitled to refunds under EU anti-competitive laws ?

To the Senior MotoAgent(s) I would ask:

On Moto G phones that have no VoLTE/VoWifi (e.g. my Moto G6) why does the phone show ‘unknown’ after IMSI when other Moto G phones (Moto G6 Play, Moto G7) on the same carrier and network show a 15 digit number.

On Moto G phones that have no VoLTE/VoWifi (e.g. my Moto G6) why does the phone show ‘unknown’ after ‘Phone number:’  when other Moto G phones (Moto G6 Play, Moto G7) on the same carrier and network  ‘’ i.e. a  blank space.

On Moto G phones that have no VoLTE/VoWifi (e.g. my Moto G6) why does the phone show ‘unknown’ after ‘Voice network type:’  when other Moto G phones (Moto G6 Play, Moto G7) on the same carrier and network  ‘UTMS’. Furthermore  Moto G phones (Moto G6 Play, Moto G7) on the same carrier and network  ‘Voice network type:’ change from “UTMS” to ‘unknown’ when these phones are set to airplane mode. Is the Moto G6 plus permanently in Airplane mode when it comes to VoLTE/VoWifi?

On Moto G phones that have no VoLTE/VoWifi (e.g. my Moto G6) why does the phone show ‘unknown’ after ‘Data network type:’  when other Moto G phones (Moto G6 Play, Moto G7) on the same carrier and network  ‘HPSA’ . Furthermore Moto G phones (Moto G6 Play, Moto G7) on the same carrier and network  ‘Data network type:’ change from ‘HPSA’ to  ‘unknown’ when these phones are switched to airplane mode. Is the Moto G6 plus / Moto G6 permanently in Airplane mode when it comes to VoLTE/VoWifi?

Orange Network and BT Mobile does not support VoLTE and VoWiFi for any number of phones  but VoLTE/VoWifi still work on them.

Were consumers were warned before buying their sim-free Moto G6 phones of these restrictions and the carrier / country dependencies. If not should they be entitled to a refund ?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save