IN

3 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 4

G6 Wrong Battery Information

2018-06-18, 19:31 PM

There are two problems with my new G6

1. After switching on the phone for the first time, i  tried to put it on charge, but it did not charge at all (no charging symbol in the battery icon), i removed and re-inserted the plug 4-5 times and still symbol did not show up. only on my 6th try i got the symbol. Very concerend with this problem as its a brand new phone.

2.  I charged it to 100% in the morning and left the phone idle for 9 hours.After that i went to "battery" in "settings" and it was showing "last full charge" as "5 mins ago". How is that possible? It should have shown 9 hours since last full charge.

Its kind of disturbing on  new device.

Thanks

Options

17932 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54007 Page Views

• Views: 54007
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G6 Wrong Battery Information

2018-06-18, 20:38 PM

wrote:

There are two problems with my new G6

1. After switching on the phone for the first time, i  tried to put it on charge, but it did not charge at all (no charging symbol in the battery icon), i removed and re-inserted the plug 4-5 times and still symbol did not show up. only on my 6th try i got the symbol. Very concerend with this problem as its a brand new phone.

2.  I charged it to 100% in the morning and left the phone idle for 9 hours.After that i went to "battery" in "settings" and it was showing "last full charge" as "5 mins ago". How is that possible? It should have shown 9 hours since last full charge.

Its kind of disturbing on  new device.

Thanks

Sorry - got to ask. Did you unplug it after it fully charged? 

And if you started using the phone, did that notice change pretty quickly?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

06-18-2018

IN

3 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-06-19, 0:40 AM
Hey
Thanks for answering.
Yes i did unplug it after full charge and the phone was lying idle for 9 hours. I did not get your second question.
Can you also throw some light on the first problem i mentioned?(point 1)
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-06-19, 8:55 AM

wrote:
Hey
Thanks for answering.
Yes i did unplug it after full charge and the phone was lying idle for 9 hours. I did not get your second question.
Can you also throw some light on the first problem i mentioned?(point 1)

We would like to know if you still see this? Would you confirm if you are able to replicate the same or was it a first-time experience which changes quickly? Since the device is new, calibrate your device battery. To do so--- Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. We call this a hard reset; it's equivalent to pulling the battery in days of removable batteries. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours. Hope this helps.

Meanwhile, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled-- Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save