Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-11-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

10 Signins

56 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 5

G6,can I use normal chargers?

2019-01-13, 8:21 AM

Just got a new moto G6, our first phone with a "turbo charger".

As we have a few normal chargers in different rooms/normal car chargers in cars, my question is will these non-turbo charger damage G6? It will be nice to be able to use the normal chargers as spare, doing the charging when I move about.

Thx for any information.

Options

Re: G6,can I use normal chargers?

2019-01-13, 10:53 AM

Lenovo recommend their own chargers as do most phone makers but you can use a Search engine to see what others say on the matter :)

Options

3725 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1243 Signins

59775 Page Views

• Views: 59775
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-01-14, 9:51 AM

wrote:

Just got a new moto G6, our first phone with a "turbo charger".

As we have a few normal chargers in different rooms/normal car chargers in cars, my question is will these non-turbo charger damage G6? It will be nice to be able to use the normal chargers as spare, doing the charging when I move about.

Thx for any information.

Hi gingercat,

Quick Charge is designed to be connector- and current-independent. Quick Charge is designed to be compatible with a variety of formats, including,

USB Type-A
USB micro
USB Type-C

Quick Charge high-voltage operation is designed to minimize charging issues associated with long or thin cables, allowing for a superior charging experience, independent of cable type or cable current capability. Look for the Qualcomm Quick Charge logo. Only accessories that pass UL certification can use the Quick Charge logo. Since it is tested for compatibility and interoperability. Any Quick Charge certified adapter can rapidly charge any device that has Quick Charge enabled.

The difference is the maximum voltage. Both Class A and Class B adapters are rated at 5, 9 and 12 volts. Class B adapters go one step further, up to 20 volts. Class B adapters are large enough to charge devices that need more power, such as notebook, computers. Remember, Quick Charge is engineered to deliver only the power needed for the device it's charging, so a Class B adapter can be used for a smartphone or laptop. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

8 Posts

06-08-2017

United States of America

22 Signins

317 Page Views

• Views: 317
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-18, 21:49 PM
Do I understand you to say that to be optimally effective with a QuickCharge Charger, the cable must also he "QuickCharge Certified"?
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:G6,can I use normal chargers?

2020-07-18, 23:52 PM

@ Staffwriter wrote:

Do I understand you to say that to be optimally effective with a QuickCharge Charger, the cable must also he "QuickCharge Certified"?

No, you don't need a quick charge cable - I don't think such a thing exists

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms