09-04-2017

GB

31 Signins

282 Page Views

• Views: 282
  • Message 1 of 4

G6 will not start. Android system issue

2020-06-26, 22:54 PM
My wife is now having problems with her G6 phone. The phone starts , I enter security code and it continues through the starting cycle . But when I think it's about to come on after the start up cycle it doesn't and I'm presented with a black screen with a small white box with text that says Android system There is an internal problem with your device, and it may be unstable until you data factory reset. Please see screen grab. I have tried safe mode, it goes through the start up options with the coloured backgrounds and I get the same text box saying the same as above Android system...... I have tried starting without both SIM and sd card, also just with sim card only. I have wiped the cache partition. I believe the phone is full with.photos and there is no space left in the phone so to put simply the phones internal storage is full. This only started today when I went to restart the phone and it would not come back on. I was restarting the phone trying to resolve another issue as to why photos would not up load to Facebook. The phone was working fine prior to me hitting that restart button. I'm guessing from the message on the screen that a factory reset is the only option however this forum is our last resort. I feel like I have tried everything with my basic knowledge and search engines. Would you have any suggestions as to how I can access the phone to free up some storage/data and hopefully save photos etc.
Options

21 Posts

09-04-2017

GB

31 Signins

282 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re:G6 will not start. Android system issue

2020-06-26, 22:56 PM
Here is the image from the screen.
Options

21 Posts

09-04-2017

GB

31 Signins

282 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2020-06-26, 23:02 PM
Just to add. When the problem arose initially, the phone was locked in the start up cycle By this I mean , the phone would start, then o would do the security code and from there all we could see was the circle with the M and the coloured backgrounds changing. The phone did not progress out of this stage. I couldn't even get into the area where I could access the reboot, factory reset, etc once I removed the sd card and memory card I could process to this area by holding down the power and volume buttons.
Options

2257 Posts

02-11-2016

US

2935 Signins

53461 Page Views

• Views: 53461
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-06-27, 0:23 AM

@ Deshock wrote:

Just to add. When the problem arose initially, the phone was locked in the start up cycle By this I mean , the phone would start, then o would do the security code and from there all we could see was the circle with the M and the coloured backgrounds changing. The phone did not progress out of this stage. I couldn't even get into the area where I could access the reboot, factory reset, etc once I removed the sd card and memory card I could process to this area by holding down the power and volume buttons.

Sorry to hear about the issues with your wifes phone. You can try to perform a factory reset from the recovery menu. Follow the steps here for External Reset: https://support.motorola.com/us/en/Solution/MS127849

If it still won't boot, then the only option would be to have the phone serviced/repaired. Keep me updated on the results.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete