03-17-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

GPS data isn't accurate after Pie update on Moto G6

2020-03-17, 23:12 PM

GPS location data isn’t  accurate after we updated the Moto G6 from Oreo to Pie. The location co-ordinates is very off from the actual point. Sometimes it is off by 2-3 miles. This is happening on multiple devices. It isn't a hardware Issue. Because the data was so perfect on Oreo. I believe it is either driver/OS issue. Can you provide us a fix? This is really important for us. Because a number of employees using the same model device. We updated the latest software patch too.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:GPS data isn't accurate after Pie update on Moto G6

2020-03-23, 5:56 AM

Hi j_bin,

Thanks for posting and sorry to know about this. Are you using Google Maps? Could you please verify how the GPS is showing inaccurate? Can they test in Device Help/Moto Help to check GPS accuracy there? Go to the app drawer > Moto help > hardware test > GPS > test. Let me know the test result.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-17-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-03-23, 17:53 PM

Thanks for your response.

I can see this issue on multiple applications including google maps. And also this is occurring to all the moto g6 devices we have updated to Pie. 

I did the hardware test. It looked fine in the hardware testing. 

I did the hard reset, changing the accuracy and disabled the battery optimisation, again the result was same. 

Options

1 Posts

03-30-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-03-30, 17:58 PM

I am also experiencing problems with GPS since the Pie upgrade. My location will jump from place to place with discrepancies of up to a mile. If I watch my location on Google Maps I can see the location sometimes move slowly across the screen and at other times jump instantly from one location to another. 

If I do the GPS calibration using Google Maps by waving the phone in a figure 8 pattern it may be accurate for an hour or two, but will revert back to malfunctioning.

Attached is a screen capture from my Strava app for a bicycle ride yesterday. My actual location is the gray X, but the app thought my location was at the green dot when I started. The straight lines indicate where the GPS location jumped from location to location. 

Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-04-01, 7:42 AM

Hi 53richart,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for letting us know. Does the issue persists in Google maps as well? Kindly check and let me know-- if yes, please share a screenshot for further assistance. I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save