Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-18-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Images in text messages

2020-04-18, 17:31 PM

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if an image that is attached to a text message is automatically resized before it is sent? Or is that something I'd need to do first - resize and then attach the resized image? If so, can anyone recommend a good, free photo resizing app?

Thanks!

Options

Re:Images in text messages

2020-04-20, 9:45 AM

I don't use the Stock SMS app as it's too limited. I use QKSMS from the Google Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moez.QKSMS&hl=en_GB

It will auto-resize MMS to 300k and also allows the splitting of text that contain emojos that can take the character limit over the 160 Characters in a text and prevent them sending as the might get converted to MMS messages. It also has more customization options.

MMS picture messaging is becoming a bit,"Old-Hat" these days with apps like WhatsApp and Viber and there are other ways of sharing photos that may will not incur Carrier phone charges on PAYG deals.

HTH :)

Options

6 Posts

04-18-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Images in text messages

2020-04-20, 14:41 PM

Thanks! I will look into it - though I wasn't really looking for  different messaging app - just a photo reducing app so that I can then use the resized images. Old school, I know - LOL!

Thanks again!

ETA: But can an app like QKSMS be used over WiFi? Just curious if there are messaging apps that will work via WiFi when a cell phone signal is weak or non-existent.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms