11-18-2019

US

4 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 6

Internal storage inaccessible

2019-11-19, 0:05 AM

My internal storage has only 5.3G free, so I went to move some downloads and big apps to the SD card, but the contents of the internal memory never opens. I also tried moving apps to the SD card and can't figure out how to do that.

The rep at the Verizon store fiddled a bit, but her only suggestion was to factory reset.

Anybody else having this issue? Is it due to the Nov 2019 Android system update?

Solved! See the solution
Options

1 Posts

11-19-2019

US

2 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Internal storage inaccessible

2019-11-19, 3:39 AM

I'm having the same exact issue!  Don't really have any solutions unfortunately. I put in a ticket.

Options

1721 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1617 Signins

25278 Page Views

• Views: 25278
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-11-19, 10:35 AM

wrote:

My internal storage has only 5.3G free, so I went to move some downloads and big apps to the SD card, but the contents of the internal memory never opens. I also tried moving apps to the SD card and can't figure out how to do that.

The rep at the Verizon store fiddled a bit, but her only suggestion was to factory reset.

Anybody else having this issue? Is it due to the Nov 2019 Android system update?

Try a,"Soft Reboot/Reset". That sometimes clears these things. Hold the Power button in long enough for the Phone to restart. This emulates taking the Battery out and can clear clogged Ram.

HTH :)

Options

1588 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

279 Signins

17144 Page Views

• Views: 17144
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-11-21, 7:58 AM

wrote:

Hi LalalaLisaYooperGirl

Thanks for posting! Could you please tell me how are you trying to use the SD card? How are you trying the move the apps? Is it through the Computer or phone etc? 

Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

11-18-2019

US

4 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-11-21, 15:39 PM

Hi Suman - I am able to view my SD card, I just can't see what's in my internal storage. I want to move some of the bigger apps and user data to the SD card to free up some internal storage. I'm also curious to see how many big downloads I have to either delete them or move them to the SD card.

This has all been on my phone. I haven't tried hooking my phone up to my computer.

I've tried soft-resetting several times and clearing the cashe for all my apps. Still no luck.

Options

1721 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1617 Signins

25278 Page Views

• Views: 25278
  • Message 6 of 6

2019-11-21, 15:42 PM

wrote:

Hi Suman - I am able to view my SD card, I just can't see what's in my internal storage. I want to move some of the bigger apps and user data to the SD card to free up some internal storage. I'm also curious to see how many big downloads I have to either delete them or move them to the SD card.

This has all been on my phone. I haven't tried hooking my phone up to my computer.

I've tried soft-resetting several times and clearing the cashe for all my apps. Still no luck.

See if your file manager is playing up.I prefer Total commander from the Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander&hl=en_GB

and or the new Google Files,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files&hl=en_GB

HTH :)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save