09-24-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 3

Latest Moto G6 system update fails to install

2020-09-27, 1:38 AM

I received the Motorola Update Services notification that a system update was available. It downloaded without a problem, but when I tried to install it, the phone hung with the progress bar 10-20% complete. I finally managed to get back to a normal boot, and I got a notification that the update had failed. A couple of days later it tried to update again on its own, and again it failed. This is an Amazon Prime Exclusive g6, so I imagine that it may be getting a different set of updates than do phones bought directly from Motorola. The failing update is described as PPS29.118-15-11-16. I currently have 2.5 GB of internal storage free. I looked at the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant, but I wasn't sure it would work with the Amazon version of the g6.

Options

464 Posts

08-15-2020

GB

215 Signins

4865 Page Views

• Views: 4865
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Latest Moto G6 system update fails to install

2020-09-27, 10:54 AM

Pending a response from a Motorola agent, it wouldn't hurt just to try the LMSA (or Rescue & Smart Assistant as it's now called) just to see if it recognizes your device, nothing else.

# I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. #
Options

11056 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1142 Signins

154925 Page Views

• Views: 154925
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Latest Moto G6 system update fails to install

2020-09-28, 20:32 PM

Hi SC_David,

It will be my pleasure to help you with this. I'm asking LMSA team regarding this. Though, you can try and see if LMSA will push the update.

Here are the links:

Download LMSA

How to use LMSA

Also, please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete