Options

0 Posts

03-23-2020

FR

4 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

MOTO G6 will not access a number of major websites via WIFI - but will access all sites if I use a VPN! My other 4 devices, no problem!

2020-03-23, 9:10 AM

Advice appreciated please. 

Based in France

I have 5 devices - Moto G6, Ipad, Lenovo tablet, Old Moto G phone, and Windows.

All access all  websites via wifi  except the G6! The G6 refuses to connect to a significant number of sites.

In particular the sites I access  regularly - e.g. all Amazon sites, The UK Times, the UK Telegraph, XE.com  (is this a clue - regular sites don't connect?)

It will send and receive emails. It will do a Google Search.

I have the same problem if I use 4G broadband, having switched off wifi.

But to visit all the Web, and my regular sites, I have to switch on a VPN!

The other 4 devices, including an old MotoG give no problem with the same wifi - only the Moto G6!

Yes, I can get round the problem, via the VPN, but if I had no VPN I would be stuck.

I have, of course contacted my service provider - phone and wifi - but they say that if all is OK on 4 of your 5 devices, it has to be a Moto G6 issue - and they must surely be correct?

I look forward to your advice please

D

Solved! See the solution
Options

1807 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

302 Signins

18694 Page Views

• Views: 18694
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:MOTO G6 will not access a number of major websites via WIFI - but will access all sites if I use a VPN! My other 4 devices, no problem!

2020-03-25, 12:22 PM

Hi sunshinevati,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for posting! I would suggest you please try using it in Safe Mode and see how it goes. May I know which browser are you using and when did it start? Did you manually set the IP address? Kindly let me know for further assistance.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

05-22-2019

GB

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:MOTO G6 will not access a number of major websites via WIFI - but will access all sites if I use a VPN! My other 4 devices, no problem!

2020-04-09, 15:43 PM
Sorry for delayed reply Suman. Tried Safe, tried everything, Neither Chrome or Firefox worked. I had multiple communications with Motorola direct, and it was agreed they could not solve the problem. Bizarre, but not so serious since using a VPN gives no problems, so I get by, but if I had no VPN then I would be stuck. Thanks - D

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete