01-21-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto 6 play Update problems

2020-01-21, 6:22 AM

My phone kept nagging almost constantly for my to update which I didn't want to do as the phone was working fine.  But it became unusable with the constant prompts for updates.

I did the update and and since the phone has been so bad that I have decided to buy a new phone.  I think that was lenovo's intention, but of course I will now change brand.

The phone freezes and must be switched off and back on, sometimes this must be redone within a minute of the last time, and is certainly done many times a day. 

As others find, the phone switches itself off when using it, this is a on average 3 times a day.

The phone will not see WiFi certain WiFi devices it could previosly see, such as my drone.

As many others are finding the phone loses GSM connectivity, which was a problem when my partner was ill and needed me to take her to hospital and I couldn't be reached as I didn't know ihad lost connection for over 7 hours.  Switching the phone off and back on seems to be a solution till it happens again.

Updates should be optional, and I do believe this was a deliberate sabotage of the phone as others manufacturers have been accused of to ensure you upgrade.

Sadly I must now go and buy another phone of similar spec just to continue using the phone as this Moto is now not usable and there are safety considerations.  This is very bad for the environment amoungst other problems.

And despite so many users finding the same.  Motorola have not offered any resolution.

***Removed*** 

Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto 6 play Update problems

2020-01-22, 9:53 AM

wrote:

My phone kept nagging almost constantly for my to update which I didn't want to do as the phone was working fine.  But it became unusable with the constant prompts for updates.

I did the update and and since the phone has been so bad that I have decided to buy a new phone.  I think that was lenovo's intention, but of course I will now change brand.

The phone freezes and must be switched off and back on, sometimes this must be redone within a minute of the last time, and is certainly done many times a day. 

As others find, the phone switches itself off when using it, this is a on average 3 times a day.

The phone will not see WiFi certain WiFi devices it could previosly see, such as my drone.

As many others are finding the phone loses GSM connectivity, which was a problem when my partner was ill and needed me to take her to hospital and I couldn't be reached as I didn't know ihad lost connection for over 7 hours.  Switching the phone off and back on seems to be a solution till it happens again.

Updates should be optional, and I do believe this was a deliberate sabotage of the phone as others manufacturers have been accused of to ensure you upgrade.

Sadly I must now go and buy another phone of similar spec just to continue using the phone as this Moto is now not usable and there are safety considerations.  This is very bad for the environment amoungst other problems.

And despite so many users finding the same.  Motorola have not offered any resolution.

*** Removed*** 

Hi Andy1244,

Sorry to know about this. I would suggest you test your device in Safe Mode and observe for some time. If the issue still persists, performing a Factory Data Reset would be the next option as we recommend performing a reset after a Software update as it helps to start the device afresh and that could solve your concern. Also, make sure to take a back up of your contacts and data. 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-21-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-01-22, 16:40 PM

Thanks Suman,

I will try this and update you.

Andrew

Options

0 Posts

01-21-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-01-26, 11:52 AM

No, the problem is still there, such a shame to see an update making a phone unusable.

Such a waste of money and bad for the environment.

Very surprised as so many people are having the same problem, that lenova has not come up with a fix or a patch for it.

Options

1578 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

278 Signins

17064 Page Views

• Views: 17064
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-01-28, 15:13 PM

wrote:

No, the problem is still there, such a shame to see an update making a phone unusable.

Such a waste of money and bad for the environment.

Very surprised as so many people are having the same problem, that lenova has not come up with a fix or a patch for it.

Hi Andy1244,

Thanks for trying, however, it looks like the Factory Data you performed couldn't be accomplished. Could you please perform a Factory Data Reset again without an automatic restore. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save