Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-25-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 53
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto G6 Android 9 Problems - Overview Button closes apps, Wrong animations

2019-03-25, 13:51 PM

Hello community!

I recently ran the Android Pie update on my Moto G6 (Dual Sim, 64GB / 4GB UK Model) and have had some weird bugs ever since. The main being:

• Often when I press the overview button (the square to the right of the bottom nav) to switch between apps, the apps I currently have open disappear as if they were closed. When I restart the phone, they re-appear as if they were never closed.
  • The wrong animation plays at certain points. For instance, if I'm viewing a conversation in WhatsApp and press the back button to return to the conversations screen, the animation shows the screen slide off to the left, reveal the home screen behind it, and then suddenly "pop" back in.

I'm very time poor at the moment so I'd very much prefer to not factory reset my phone! Is there anything I can do to resolve this besides a reset?

Thanks for your help!

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G6 Android 9 Problems - Overview Button closes apps, Wrong animations

2019-03-26, 11:45 AM

Hello HashbrownRolo,

Thanks for reporting, we would like to learn more about this. Could you post a video showing what you see in 'Safe Mode'—this will help us investigate further.

You can also test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

We have your device IMEI on file, Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Best regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

4 Posts

03-25-2019

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2019-03-27, 13:26 PM

Hello Swaraj,

Thank you for your reply, I have a small update below:

- Since posting, the issues are happening less frequently. I am trying to get some video footage for you, and have a spare phone on hand at all times to capture the problems as soon as they happen again.

- Regarding the wrong animation problem, I've narrowed this down to when you enter an app via a notification. For instance:

• If I get a notification to say that I have a new message in WhatsApp, tap the notifcation to open the conversation, then hit the Back button to go to the main conversations screen, the wrong animation will play (screen slides off to the left, home screen is visible, screen suddenly pops back in.)
  • If I open the app normally through the home screen shortcut or apps list, open a conversation from the main conversations screen, then hit the Back button, there is no issue.

I'll continue to gather evidence for you to analyse!

Thank you!

Options

1 Posts

04-23-2019

Egypt

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 4 of 8

2019-04-23, 13:04 PM

Hello,

for the Overview Button it is working if you do a normal restart for the phone you can use this work around untill a permenant fix from Motorola.

Hashim

Options

1 Posts

05-06-2019

Germany

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 5 of 8

2019-05-06, 21:57 PM

Hey guys! ?

I also have some big problems after the update to 9.0 on my G6.

-Both SIM cards aren't recognized, need to turn my device a few times on and off before they are getting ready and recognized. Before the update I had absolutely no problems using 2 SIM cards. 

-Google App does not work fine, it closes every 10 Minutes in the background. Before the update never had any issues! 

-WiFi doesn't work well! My connection is too slow, can't even upload photos to Twitter! Via mobile data it works fine and without any problems! But that's not what I want! Before the update I haven't had any problems with my WiFi! 

-Display and automatic brightness is also not working well... Too dark and too yellow and red...? Before the update everything was working fine! 

-at least my battery drains much faster than before the update! Need to charge it twice a day! Before the update I had to charge it every 1 1/2 days! 

Gosh! I really loved my G6! I loved my G5... But at the moment I am extremely disappointed and annoyed with my phone... 

So do you have any thoughts, ideas or suggestions on this? How to fix it for example? 

Greetings from Germany ??‍♀️?

Options

18 Posts

08-28-2018

Poland

46 Signins

406 Page Views

• Views: 406
  • Message 6 of 8

2019-05-29, 9:58 AM

I had many issues after update to Android 9.0, but all disappeared after hard reset. Now my phone works perfectly.

Options

4 Posts

03-25-2019

4 Signins

53 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2019-06-20, 18:23 PM

OK so I got around to backing everything up and peforming a factory reset. The situation I now have:

The wrong animations problem: SOLVED

The overview button problem: CONTINUES

Wifi drops out: NEW PROBLEM

I now have a new problem :smileymad:

About once per week, the wifi will suddenly drop and I'll be using data without warning.

I have tested this with:

- Other devices connected to my router via wifi (no problems there)

- Resetting my router (problem on phone continues)

- A different router (problem on phone continues)

Both persisting problems are stopped temporary by turning the phone on and off, although this gets frustrating.

I've only had the phone 6 months and I loved it when I bought it...I really regret updating to Android 9 now.

Options

18 Posts

08-28-2018

Poland

46 Signins

406 Page Views

• Views: 406
  • Message 8 of 8

2019-06-20, 20:09 PM

It's very strange. My wife and I have Moto g6, and restoring factory settings solved all problems.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms