Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

11-01-2018

Serbia

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 121 of 200

Re: Moto G6 Battery issue

2018-11-01, 8:23 AM

Hi there all MotoAgents.

I will be short and my english is not to good to describe battery problem,but i will try :D

First off all i took my Moto G6 yesterday. Idk about september updates or so, but i will notice some flaws in phone. When im conected to my mobile operator 4G network batter drain from 88% to 80% in 10 minutes. When on WiFi thigs are a bit better and drains from 76%-72% in  10 minutes. On standby, phone draining battery per 1% every 7-8 min when on Wi-Fi.  Dont need to mention i disabled all it can be disabled and im not a noob when we speaking on mobile phones etc.

So dear ones..... just wanna know will you fix this problem anytime soon or to go to my mobile provider and ask them for a favor to take another mobile phone (from different manufacturer)

Best Regards

Nebojsa

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 122 of 200

2018-11-02, 12:27 PM

wrote:

My brand new, one week old G6 gets switched off of its own. This happened first when I activated the phone by inserting the sim. After that it got switched off three times in last 6 days. And it doesn't restart automatically. I had to switch it on 

Can you please advice ?

Hi KASK,

Thank you for posting. Let me try to help you hear, that's odd—not sure why would a new device turn itself off. Just to narrow down, would like to request you to try a few steps and let us know if this helps?

• Can we quickly test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if you see progress?
  • Are you using SD card on your device?
  • Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 123 of 200

2018-11-02, 12:37 PM

wrote:

Hi there all MotoAgents.

I will be short and my english is not to good to describe battery problem,but i will try :D

First off all i took my Moto G6 yesterday. Idk about september updates or so, but i will notice some flaws in phone. When im conected to my mobile operator 4G network batter drain from 88% to 80% in 10 minutes. When on WiFi thigs are a bit better and drains from 76%-72% in  10 minutes. On standby, phone draining battery per 1% every 7-8 min when on Wi-Fi.  Dont need to mention i disabled all it can be disabled and im not a noob when we speaking on mobile phones etc.

So dear ones..... just wanna know will you fix this problem anytime soon or to go to my mobile provider and ask them for a favor to take another mobile phone (from different manufacturer)

Best Regards

Nebojsa

Hi Ske,

Thank you for posting, let me try to help. Please be advised that a lot of factors come into play when it comes to the battery performance of the phone. Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, an age of the battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, voice, data, and other application usage patterns.

However, you can try calibrating your device battery. To calibrate the battery - Hold the power button until the phone reboots > Plug into the supplied charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. Repeat the process twice a week and see how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 124 of 200

2018-11-05, 16:19 PM

As you can see, this thread is very long. Many people are having the same battery drain problem with this phone. I have tried everything that has been posted to this site and nothing has solved the problem. I uplugged my phone from the charger where it had been charging overnight, I walked 5 feet to the other side of my kitchen and it lost 3% battery with nothing running. Most of the time mine says that Moto App launcher is using the most battery and it may very well be trying to update facebook or Whatsapp but I can't imagine how it could use that much battery to do it. My old Droid Maxx didn't do that and I have the same apps now that I had with the old phone. I suppose that I could use a different app launcher but I would not expect that you would load a launcher that would cause battery problems. This phone is a piece of crap and nobody seems to be able to solve the problem.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 125 of 200

2018-11-06, 9:42 AM

wrote:

As you can see, this thread is very long. Many people are having the same battery drain problem with this phone. I have tried everything that has been posted to this site and nothing has solved the problem. I uplugged my phone from the charger where it had been charging overnight, I walked 5 feet to the other side of my kitchen and it lost 3% battery with nothing running. Most of the time mine says that Moto App launcher is using the most battery and it may very well be trying to update facebook or Whatsapp but I can't imagine how it could use that much battery to do it. My old Droid Maxx didn't do that and I have the same apps now that I had with the old phone. I suppose that I could use a different app launcher but I would not expect that you would load a launcher that would cause battery problems. This phone is a piece of crap and nobody seems to be able to solve the problem.

Hi,

As we know there are a lot of factors depends on battery drain. However, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto support

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 126 of 200

2018-11-07, 15:33 PM

Profile has been updated.

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 127 of 200

2018-11-07, 15:35 PM
Profile updated
Options

1 Posts

11-25-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 128 of 200

Moto G6 Battery issue

2018-11-25, 19:47 PM

Hi i have Moto G6 and its charging so slow same problem i am using the power adapter and original cable as well.

I have also a Huawei as well as i am an IT guy and i see the Huwei seem to charge a lot faster and its a low cost model like $160 dollars and my MOTO was over 200 or more and why would they have such an issue i always believed and trusted motorla phones but now i am not sure its crazy also my resolution is way lower than my other cheaper phone i thought they said this is one of the best budget phones but i am very dissapointed now I have an IT company i got a lot of client to get motorla but now i am not sure anymore! You have to resolve this issue soon its crazy! Holidays are comming and i dont want to be with out a phone or a phone that is way to slow and i have to wait forever.

I have to be honest at first i really like the phone its cool looking but now its getting on my nerves due to the charging problems. Best buy i got told me they have a 35 dollars restocking fee so if i return or exchange i only lose money and its not my fault at all...

Options

1 Posts

12-06-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 129 of 200

2018-12-06, 10:34 AM

Has anyone figured this out? Friend gave me a new Moto g6 and it doesn't charge anymore, it was charging but I cannot get it to now. It's frustrating. I expected more from motorola!!

Options

8 Posts

08-14-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

61 Page Views

• Message 130 of 200

2018-12-06, 13:52 PM
I updated my profile on 11-7 and still have not received a reply as to what is draining my battery so fast.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms