Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

66 Posts

01-23-2019

Puerto Rico

69 Signins

298 Page Views

• Views: 298
  • Message 181 of 200

Re: Moto G6 Battery issue

2019-03-19, 19:26 PM

Then it was a software bug. I'm waiting for the update too,Moto g6 play from Sprint ☹️ when did you got it and what company are you?

Options

2 Posts

03-18-2019

Bulgaria

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 182 of 200

2019-03-20, 11:22 AM

It was an OTA update. I'm from Bulgaria so my company is not relevant.

Options

1 Posts

06-19-2019

India

5 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 183 of 200

2019-06-22, 19:55 PM

Dear

my phone was working since I brought this now 8months over from past one week when I charge my phone the battery percentage start decreasing when I unplug the charger the percentage increasses then  why my phone battery percentage decreasing while charging device name Moto g6 64gb

Options

1 Posts

06-22-2019

Ireland

5 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 184 of 200

2019-06-23, 8:05 AM

In the last 2 weeks my Moto G6 which previously worked perfectly and held battery all day (I charge every night) has started to go from 100% to 59% within minutes of turning on. Once the phone dips below 50% battery it can suddenly turn off at any time, usually around 38-45%. It will not switch back on, but when I plug in the charger will say a high percentage like 61% within seconds.

This is not a normal wear and year battery slowly getting slower issue, I've experienced that with previous phones. It has happened very suddenly. I've been doing the battery recalibration etc mentioned here but notice no difference.

When I check battery usage it says all apps normal and the percentage use by each app is generally less about 2-3% as I have been avoiding using my phone actively as much as possible. This is unsustainable and it's not realistic that I keep my phone plugged in to be able to use email or WhatsApp.

I've checked for updates and it says all is up to date.

I have tried to do a hard reset but when I get to that menu it says "no commands" so im unable to force a reset. Can you please advise around this? Thank you

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 185 of 200

2019-06-27, 10:28 AM

wrote:

Dear

my phone was working since I brought this now 8months over from past one week when I charge my phone the battery percentage start decreasing when I unplug the charger the percentage increasses then  why my phone battery percentage decreasing while charging device name Moto g6 64gb

Sorry to learn about that, can you test with another charger to see if that makes any difference? If not, please force reboot your device by long pressing the power key and perform Battery Calibration on your device, to do so please hold the power button until device reboots. Upon reboot plug into the charger. Allow the phone to charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour. Repete the process twice a week.

Observe and let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

4 Posts

08-22-2018

India

6 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 186 of 200

Re: Moto G6 play slow charging

2019-07-02, 5:11 AM

Motorola g6 play and g7 play seem to have the same kind of problem lurking in its hardware or software. I asked in the forums but they suggested me to try a hard reset, some advised to replace the charger. I'm still facing the issue but as I can notice the charging time is getting faster and faster compared to its initial days. Moto g7 play is a bit better in fast charging.

Options

43 Posts

07-06-2019

United States of America

71 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 187 of 200

2019-07-06, 23:29 PM

I am not sure if I should start a new topic or add it to this one

I bought a used Moto G6 with some strange issues and I am trying to troubleshoot the problem

I see a lot of users have issues with the battery and rebooting so I am just trying to figure out what exactly is the problem

My issue is as follows

I got the phone and tried to turn it on and I got the yellow triangle so I put it on the charger and the screen showed a circle with a lightning bolt so I assumed that it meant that it was charging but after leaving it on for a few minutes I saw that the charging logo would turn off and than back on by itself

Afew minutes later the normal screen showed up so I though maybe it was left on and it was just low on charge but after clicking on a few thing to see what is on the phone it turned itself off So I figured it needs more time to charge and maybe it charges better if I turn it off So I turned it off but after doing the charger logo on an off a few times it turned on again by itself

So at this point I have a few questions

Why does the charger logo turn on and off ?

What causes the phone to turn on when it's on the charger for a few minutes ?

By the way after the charger logo turns off it shows the battery percentage as 4% before that turns off too

I pulled the sim card out to see if that may be draining the battery but that was not it

I put it in safe mode but looking at the battery it say 3% and not charging which is kind of contradictory since it was doing something when I plugged in the charger but not actually charging

I eventualy did a factory reset but it still has the same issue

Does this mean that the battary is not taking a charge and needs to be replaced ?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 188 of 200

2019-07-07, 11:15 AM

@mike314 - are you sure the phone doesn't have any other kind of damage - water or drop? It could make any answers regarding battery not relevant if so. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

43 Posts

07-06-2019

United States of America

71 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 189 of 200

2019-07-07, 13:17 PM

Moto - Thanks for the reply

I can't answer that question since I bought it used but that thought crossed my mind 

Looking at the phone it does not have any external damage I see a couple of light lines on the screen when it's dark and it has the charging logo it's kind of in an "L" shape possibly from a screen burn or perhaps some heavy object that was pressing on it but the screen is not cracked

I have a little more detail on the battery situation

So last night even though it was not showing any signs of charging I left it plugged it and this morning it showed 1% but even as it was showing not charging it says I have 3 hours of use

After I unpluged it within a few seconds it turned off than after placing the charger on it would not turn on with the power button I had to wait a minute for it to turn on by itself and it seems to be working while I have it plugged it

So it seems that the battery is getting charged somehow even though it says it's not charging and it always stays at 3% charge Yesterday in the same condition it was saying I have a little over 1 hour of use and now it's up to 3 but not if I disconect it from the charger

Could it be some kind of battery calibration issue ? 

I was thinking maybe to remove the battery and putting it back in

Would that do anything ?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 190 of 200

2019-07-07, 13:34 PM

wrote:

Moto - Thanks for the reply

I can't answer that question since I bought it used but that thought crossed my mind 

Looking at the phone it does not have any external damage I see a couple of light lines on the screen when it's dark and it has the charging logo it's kind of in an "L" shape possibly from a screen burn or perhaps some heavy object that was pressing on it but the screen is not cracked

I have a little more detail on the battery situation

So last night even though it was not showing any signs of charging I left it plugged it and this morning it showed 1% but even as it was showing not charging it says I have 3 hours of use

After I unpluged it within a few seconds it turned off than after placing the charger on it would not turn on with the power button I had to wait a minute for it to turn on by itself and it seems to be working while I have it plugged it

So it seems that the battery is getting charged somehow even though it says it's not charging and it always stays at 3% charge Yesterday in the same condition it was saying I have a little over 1 hour of use and now it's up to 3 but not if I disconect it from the charger

Could it be some kind of battery calibration issue ? 

I was thinking maybe to remove the battery and putting it back in

Would that do anything ?

I have never heard of removing the battery having any iimpact on calibration. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms