Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

62 Posts

06-15-2018

India

72 Signins

547 Page Views

• Views: 547
  • Message 71 of 200

Re: Moto G6 Battery issue

2018-07-20, 17:27 PM

wrote:

I hear you. At the end of the day, Lenovo put out a product that shipped with 8.0. If 8.0 is the problem, then Lenovo needs to own it.

Regardless, I am headed to Best Buy to attempt to return this lemon. I've got my eyes on the Asus ZenFone 5Z, which comes with Nougat 7.1.1 which is more stable, and with a 4130mah battery, hopefully it won't require being chained to a power outlet like the G6. Even if Best Buy won't accept the return (because I've had it for more than 14 days), I'll buy the Asus outright and sell the G6. I will fully disclose to the buyer that the battery life is poor and Lenovo knows about it. Some people don't mind walking around with power packs and cables. That isn't me. I expect a mobile phone to be...mobile. The G6 reminds me of the first Androids and dare I say iPhone which required a charge every three hours. Ridiculous.

Regardlessly, and also I'm not any Brand Conscious person!

But it is improper and like advertising thing... if you want to compare Zenfone 5z , take OnePlus or Samsung S9+  ??

Just equivalent prices... And if Moto G6 had Snapdragon 636 by chance, MID RANGE was mastered by Motorola! And why Lenovorola always... Can't say Motorola is subsidiary of lenovo.. means same but.. hope u got it... [Just my side of branding and in correct forums???]

❤️Motorola

Anyways, Hello again Swaraj and Matt , I found time after long and I would like to say I feel no problem except the battery drain and it's a lot even with battery saver ON....

The person at MOTO HUB asked me how I charged the phone at first. I said with Turbocharger provided ??

Then he said me that the charge that come with new phone is like demo charge... He said first charge should be like, use the phone a lot and it should turn off automatically while using or not... 

And when I tried to train battery fast, I gave up ??

But it's draining.... It's almost a month I purchased this, can I do the procedure said by the shopkeeper???????

Another question is!!!

When the phone was new, it used to ask me PASSWORD actually to boot up the phone!! But now it boots up and asks password to activate fingerprint, no issues but why this change? I felt asking password to boot up was good.....

Also I read a post above, so why not Android 8.1 ??? I'm not sure about 8.0 draining battery or not! But it's surely the software.... 

Come on, a 3D glass back, gorgeous looks, this even makes me forger I rely on a SnapDragon 450!!! But the battery. ??

Hope this gets fixed soon... Also reply asap must I do that???

Options

11 Posts

07-14-2018

Denmark

68 Signins

750 Page Views

• Views: 750
  • Message 72 of 200

2018-07-21, 9:28 AM
Det samme for mig.mit batteri drænes rigtig hurtigt.igår havde jeg kun 3timer batteri tid og jeg har prøvet alt mvh
Charlotte Rikke Nielsen
Options

12 Posts

07-08-2018

United States of America

17 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 73 of 200

2018-07-21, 14:21 PM

The MotoG6 was a great phone if you don't mind charging it twice a day and leaving it plugged in all the time when you're not using it, like a cordless home phone.

The Zen is what I replaced it with, as I need a phone that doesn't need to be plugged into a wall all the time. The battery life is NIGHT AND DAY, charged it on Sunday and didn't have to recharge it until Wendesday. This is with a few texts a day and about 30 minutes of watching YouTube, and two 15-20 minute voice calls. This is what I expect from a modern smartphone with a 4,000mah battery. Yes, it has 7.1.1 which isn't the same as the Oreo 8.0 that Lenovo/Moto put on the G6. But then the G6 with it's 3100mah battery can't even last two days with ZERO use and battery saver enabled.

With ZERO support from Lenovo, I learned my lesson and won't be buying another Moto phone. The ZenFone build quality is superb, the battery life is superb bar none excellent, and the phone performs fine and has a super crisp screen. The only thing I don't like about the Zen is their choice of a legacy USB instead of USB-C, but hey, at least it doesn't need to be tethered to a power source constantly.

Options

11 Posts

07-14-2018

Denmark

68 Signins

750 Page Views

• Message 74 of 200

Re: Battery draining moto g6 plus the same problem as with the g4 plus !....

2018-07-22, 17:04 PM
Jeg har samme problem mit batteri drænes rigtig hurtigt og jeg har lukket alle baggrund aps. vil i hjælpe da det er et stort problem mvh Charlotte
Charlotte Rikke Nielsen
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 75 of 200

2018-07-23, 16:44 PM

Hi Dharmaraj24,

• For your first questions:

Try calibrating your device. Calibration occurs by applying a full charge, discharge, and charge. Battery analyzers serve as a valuable tool to calibrate a smart battery. An analyzer fully charges the battery and then applies a controlled discharge that provides the all-important capacity readings of the chemical battery. You can do this by-- Press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. We call this a hard reset; it's equivalent to pulling the battery in days of removable batteries. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours.

• For your another question:

Locate Security > screen lock > enter your password > select pin > require pin to start the device > set a password/pin. Reboot your device and test.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

62 Posts

06-15-2018

India

72 Signins

547 Page Views

• Views: 547
  • Message 76 of 200

2018-07-23, 17:01 PM

Thanks for the help.

Did the shopkeeper indirectly asked me to do hard reset? 

Does this RESET PHONE DATA? If yes.. I can't do hard reset!!!

Also, you didn't answered third question, regarding software update and as I have heard that Motorola will be giving out security updates every 90-120 days and mine is still at April, anyways.. will we get Android P and 8.1 before?

The MOTO VOICE says go to quiet place,... And I am in so quiet place.... Quieter than HOSPITAL ... Help !!! 

Options

11 Posts

07-14-2018

Denmark

68 Signins

750 Page Views

• Message 77 of 200

2018-07-25, 19:37 PM
I forgårs kørte jeg mobilen til bage til Fabrik fremstilling og det hjalp men her i dag dræner batteriet vildt hurtig. jeg havde batteri tid til 3timer og jeg har fjernet masser af ApS så nu har jeg de vigtigste. Er der noget jeg kan gøre? mvh Charlotte ps jeg er faktisk rigtig glad for Motorola g 6 plus.bortser fra batteriet.
Charlotte Rikke Nielsen
Options

221 Posts

01-31-2018

Hungary

497 Signins

8059 Page Views

• Views: 8059
  • Message 78 of 200

2018-07-26, 11:43 AM

wrote:
I forgårs kørte jeg mobilen til bage til Fabrik fremstilling og det hjalp men her i dag dræner batteriet vildt hurtig. jeg havde batteri tid til 3timer og jeg har fjernet masser af ApS så nu har jeg de vigtigste. Er der noget jeg kan gøre? mvh Charlotte ps jeg er faktisk rigtig glad for Motorola g 6 plus.bortser fra batteriet.

Hi Charlotte!

Unfortunately, we do not speak Danish, but we would like to help. As I understand, you experience quick battery discharge and you have already performed Factory Data Reset. Have you tried a Battery Reset? If not, please do the following: 

•With your device powered On, press the Power key for 20 seconds until the phone reboots
•When the phone is powering on again, connect the device to a Wall Charger
•Please charge the phone to 100% and leave it connected to the charger for a couple of hours after it has reached 100%

Please, try testing your device in Safe Mode. Safe Mode reboots the device without any 3rd party applications being started. A 3rd party application is any application that you download onto the phone which does not come pre-installed.

To Enable Safe Mode, please try the following:

•Press the Power key
•Touch and hold Power off
•Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
•Phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in bottom left corner
If you no longer experience the same issue in Safe Mode this would indicate that one of the 3rd party apps installed on the device is causing the problem. We advice you to remove one application at a time until the issue is solved.
To exit Safe Mode simply reboot the device.

Thank you!
Katalin

Options

17 Posts

08-06-2018

South Africa

17 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 79 of 200

2018-08-08, 8:15 AM

Come on motorola/lenovo, you cannot selectively tell every 3rd or 4th person over pages and pages to try a hard reset when everyone has the same issue of battery drain, its an OS problem, simple, just get the tech team to address it with an update!

Options

1 Posts

08-07-2018

Argentina

4 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 80 of 200

2018-08-08, 15:06 PM

Lenovo folks,

I purchased the phone 3 weeks ago and, since then, I have experienced the exact same issues everybody here is mentioning.

The first week, my Moto G6 worked normally (I changed it every other day during overnight).

Early last week, I noticed that the battery drained a bit faster so I have to charged it during the afternoon that day until it reached the 100%. After that, I unplugged it and left home. Within 1.5 hours of use, the battery drained from 100% to 3%, which doesn't make any sense (I just used Google Chrome).

When I came back home, I plugged it in again and left it charging overnight. When I woke up, the battery was stucked at 4%. That keeps happening until now.

I read about the battery calibration on this thread. Gave a try, didn't work...Sometimes the battery drained even charging with the phone turned off.

To be honest with you, I'm really frustrated. I bought a phone that I cannot use. I had to go back to my old crappy phone.

1) I filled my profile in with my Model, Carrier and IMEI information. Could you take a look? Also, Privacy is enabled in my phone.

2) If it's because of the Android version, do you have an idea when the next patch is coming out?

3) If it's hardware related, what's the process I should follow?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms