Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

13 Posts

05-31-2019

Finland

36 Signins

173 Page Views

• Views: 173
  • Message 261 of 653

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

2019-07-26, 15:42 PM

Hope that all of you will get this update soon too! It really has made a difference: no more lagging, sluggish phone and no crashing apps.

I haven't switched back to Moto Launcher, still using Nova Launcher, but switched the Moto app back on and can keep location on without problems.

Options

1 Posts

07-27-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 262 of 653

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

2019-07-27, 11:52 AM

I am having the same issues. I have been extremely frustrated with my phone since this update. Apps are always crashing and phone freezes every time I use it. My keyboard closes in the middle of typing several times (closed about 5 times while trying to write this message). I can't view videos because of the lag and I'm really disappointed with this phone. The previous system worked great. I've barely had this phone for a year. Will these issues be fixed?

Options

13 Posts

08-11-2012

United States of America

72 Signins

1015 Page Views

• Views: 1015
  • Message 263 of 653

2019-07-27, 21:01 PM

Thank you so much for posting this info about the new patch! I'm glad it has resolved your problems. Let us know if Moto launcher also works the way it used to. I keep getting promted to upgrade, but have been afraid to do so because of all the problems discussed here. My notice still says Security updates through May 1, so it would appear that the June 1 patch has not yet been distributed in the US. I will definitely hold off until it is, because my phone is working just fine with Oreo. 

I can't believe so many of you have had to put up with this nonsense for months now. It is extremely irresponsible of Lenovo to roll out this update when clearly it was not properly tested.  Proceeding to distribute this in the US after so many documented problems - effectively leaving people with unusable phones - is even worse. At the very least, they should have provided a way for people to roll back to Oreo until this was resolved. Meanwhile, they are having people waste time resetting their phones, when they know a patch is needed to fix the problem. 

After years of happily using Moto phones, this is probably my last one because of a clear lack of conern for customers. There is just no excuse for this. And who knows how long it will be before the US gets the June 1 patch? In the meantime, many unsuspecting users will continue to download  this messed up version of Pie that breaks their phone.  I hope more people will comment on how the June 1 patch works for them. 

Options

232 Posts

03-28-2019

United States of America

344 Signins

5423 Page Views

• Views: 5423
  • Message 264 of 653

2019-07-27, 22:41 PM

Just know that that June patch may never come. 

~us retail g6~no lifeguard on duty
Options

45 Posts

03-06-2019

United States of America

61 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 265 of 653

2019-07-28, 14:22 PM

One bug I am VERY UNHAPPY about is that my microSD card is not correctly recognized after a reboot with Android 9.  The card is recognized after a while, but in the meantime, some apps and app data is not available.  This was not an issue with Android 8.

US

Verizon

32Gb system memory

128GB microSD Sandisk Extreme Pro, formatted as system/internal memory

I am really trying to love this phone, but either Android is inherently flakey, or this phone has issues.  This is my first Android device, though I have been using Windows since v3.1, and iOS since the iPad 3.

Options

11 Posts

04-29-2019

Australia

38 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 266 of 653

2019-07-29, 0:03 AM

Still experiencing all the same problems in Australia.

Still tells me the device is up to date when checking for updates.

Still says the current installed version is PPS29.55-24.

Still waiting for a fix.

Still repressing the urge to smash the phone on a daily basis.

Options

45 Posts

03-06-2019

United States of America

61 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 267 of 653

2019-07-29, 0:18 AM

I ended up doing a “factory reset”, then restoring from a prior cloud backup (Google backup).  Royal pain logging back into all the apps, but it does seem like issues were cleared-up, like properly recognizing my SD card, and fixing audio driver issues.

Still, after working with Windows, Linux, iOS and other operating systems over the decades, I am disapointed in Android.  The Android upgrade quality control is about like Windows in the 1980s.  Since the g6 won’t get Android 10, though, hopefully no more factory resets for this phone.

Options

1 Posts

07-29-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 268 of 653

2019-07-29, 3:58 AM

The android 9 update is causing problems on my phone. Same as everyone else I've found online be googling it. Freezing and trouble starting.

Options

2 Posts

07-18-2019

United States of America

5 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 269 of 653

2019-07-29, 14:43 PM

As most of you on this thread, my beloved g6 become unusable after the update. I wanted to come back to this thread and share a couple of my thoughts:

1. This problem isn't isolated to Motorola, a quick Google search of Android pie update bug will uncover problems with many other devices. Including the Galaxy S10 with users getting locked out of their phones. 

2. I can't really prove this, but I think this problem could be caused by Google's reluctance to issue proper updates on "non-pixel" devices, maybe they don't care or maybe it's intentional? 

Regardless of who's to blame for this problem, I decided the only way to protect myself was to go to the source...

I am trying this response from my new pixel 3a xl, running Android pie with a security patch issued July 5th 2019....

Good luck to all, honestly for me, I am sad to say that I am no longer a Motorola user.

Options

4 Posts

07-29-2019

United States of America

8 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 270 of 653

2019-07-29, 16:19 PM

Hi all, Google Fi user here. Since this is the largest thread I could find on Pie I thought I would chime in. About a week ago I received my Pie update version PPS29.118-1-1. I was expecting issues but this build has been pretty rock solid. I did wipe the cache in recovery to clear up some overall lag but other than that I'm not experiencing any major issues I attribute to Android and the G6 specifically.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms