Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

09-06-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 391 of 653

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

2019-09-06, 4:20 AM
I too am having post Pie update major problems. I cannot open my Internal Storage Folder, my phone freezes no matter what app I'm using, when I do a restart I have to do it 2 or 3 times before I get my apps to appear. I bought my phone unlocked from Amazon. I'm on very limited income and cannot afford to pay for a new phone. This has become beyond frustrating. Motorola/Lenovo either needs to get a fix out to people or replace my phone with a g7.
Options

9 Posts

05-26-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

16 Signins

98 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 98
  • Message 392 of 653

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

2019-09-06, 9:45 AM

I did a factory reset on 10 August (see page 34). It ran 'smooth as butter' until a couple of days ago, so that's pretty much 4 weeks. The lag is back, at the moment it's not as bad as it used to be but it's definitely there. 

It was a 'settings menu' reset, rather than a 'recovery mode reset'. 

I appreciate that the responses from some of you will be 'well, do a recovery mode reset and stop moaning' but to be honest I feel like I shouldn't have to try so many different things to get my phone working properly again :/

And it's a pain to back up/restore/re-input login info for all my apps. 

By far the easier thing for me is to swerve moto when I get a new phone, which will be sooner than I had hoped. 

Options

22 Posts

06-16-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

43 Signins

195 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 195
  • Message 393 of 653

2019-09-06, 10:32 AM

wrote:

I did a factory reset on 10 August (see page 34). It ran 'smooth as butter' until a couple of days ago, so that's pretty much 4 weeks. The lag is back, at the moment it's not as bad as it used to be but it's definitely there. 

It was a 'settings menu' reset, rather than a 'recovery mode reset'. 

I appreciate that the responses from some of you will be 'well, do a recovery mode reset and stop moaning' but to be honest I feel like I shouldn't have to try so many different things to get my phone working properly again :/

And it's a pain to back up/restore/re-input login info for all my apps. 

By far the easier thing for me is to swerve moto when I get a new phone, which will be sooner than I had hoped. 

Mines done exactly the same almost to the letter. I am starting to believe though that Pie itself is the problem and not just Moto's version of it, quite a few other forums complaining. Im thinking of seriously rolling back to Oreo if I can as there was no issues with that one.

Options

15 Posts

08-01-2019

United States of America

50 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 394 of 653

2019-09-06, 11:40 AM

I hope that if a rollback is possible(without rooting?) someone will post instructions.

Options

43 Posts

07-06-2019

United States of America

71 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 395 of 653

2019-09-06, 11:49 AM

Unfortunately that is not possible unless you can unlock the bootloader and most of the carrier locked phones are not eligible You might have a chance with one of the ones outside the us

If that was possible I am sure a lot of user would have rolled back or get a custom rom

Options

1 Posts

09-06-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 396 of 653

2019-09-06, 15:41 PM

I'm just here to add to the "me too" chorus.  I really want to roll back to android 8.  Why is this so difficult to do??  Even freakin' Microsoft made it easy for people to downgrade/rollback if they had problems with the initial Windows 10 rollout (which everybody did).  I'd previously been really happy with my li'l G6, but if this isn't resolved tootsweet I will be shopping for a Samsung.

Options

50 Posts

03-26-2018

United States of America

103 Signins

815 Page Views

• Views: 815
  • Message 397 of 653

2019-09-06, 16:10 PM

I think my G6 runs much better with Pie vs. Oreo. The performance with Oreo was fine but nothing special. The battery lasts much longer on Pie. The only issue I have is not being able to play Trivia Crack on my G6 since the upgrade to Pie. 

I suggest if you are using a MicroSD memory card to wipe that as well as doing a complete factory reset. The partition cache wipe works ok but not as well as a complete factory wipe. Another suggestion is removing the MicroSD card and see if the lag goes away. If you don't have a MicroSD card, it could be other issues. I have my doubts that people are willing or able to factory reset their phones. 

I had a G5 plus and that had a bionic battery with Nouget. After upgrading to Oreo, it was never the same in battery life. You could leave the screen on for 10 hours straight with media and you would still have a little battery left on the G5 plus. 

It's just my opinion, but the Pie upgrade went well on my G6. It's a Tracfone G6 using the Verizon network. 

Options

5 Posts

09-06-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 398 of 653

2019-09-06, 18:39 PM
I've done factory reset twice still have problems. I'm ready for Lenovo to fix the disaster they caused. This is no longer acceptable. I can't afford to pay for a new phone.
Options

19 Posts

08-18-2019

United States of America

30 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 399 of 653

2019-09-06, 19:08 PM

Did you do the reset from Android -> Settings or did you follow the instructions on Page 39 of this post. Doing a reset from Android -> Settings does not resolve the issue. If you're doing that method, try the method on page 39. It should completely resolve the issue. I'm going on about 2 weeks now without any problems. 

Options

5 Posts

09-06-2019

United States of America

7 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 400 of 653

2019-09-06, 19:26 PM
I did a factory reset
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms