Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

08-08-2019

United States of America

9 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 601 of 653

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

2019-12-13, 3:35 AM

wrote:

If changing a Launcher setting or service fixes the issue for even one person, it shows that a Launcher could be to blame. Try different things, guys. I was hopeless in the same boat as you until I tried to fix the problem myself. Don't  just poop on ideas until you give it a shot. Quite honestly, I'm good and don't care anymore, but I thought to post here and share my experience. Goodluck.

Thank you Tommy781! I use Nova so I checked that accessibility setting. Mine was already off, but it caused me to look at others. The setting for Tasker was on, so I turned it off. Immediately my lag seems gone now. Hopefully this continues to work. Now I have to figure out what Tasker features I can't use.

Options

37 Posts

10-17-2016

United States of America

205 Signins

2228 Page Views

• Views: 2228
  • Message 602 of 653

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

2019-12-13, 14:11 PM

wrote:

FrogFan, assuming the LMSA Rescue has worked for you, I'm curious about which Android version you actually like better.  If it were possible to go back to Oreo, would you do that, or is Pie clearly better?

After a day and a half, my phone is still performing well -- like new, really.  I will post an update after a couple weeks, but so far, so good.

As for which Android version I like better, I have to say that I really haven't noticed much difference.  I use the phone as a phone, for texting, including a lot of group texting, and for navigating around town with Waze or Google Maps.  I use the camera for impromptu pictures but not for serious photography.  I keep up with email and do light internet surfing from time to time.  I don't use it to play games.

One thing I have noticed about Android 9 is minor but annoying.  There is no simple way to "silence" the phone, in case you're in a meeting or some other place where you don't want your phone making noise and disrupting things.  It used to be easy to do this with the Do Not Disturb function, but you can't simply silence the phone temporarily from there like you used to be able to do.  For me, DND is now useful to control what the phone does at night when you're sleeping.

Some of the apps I had been using don't work as well under Android 9 as they did under Android 8.  For most of these, I've found work arounds, so they're not worth mentioning here.  

Bottom line, for me, I would have been happy to stay on Android 8, but I'm sure there are other reasons to "keep up".  I'll keep my fingers crossed that Android 9 continues to work on my phone and I'll work around the annoyances.  If it doesn't continue to work, then I'd be happy to go back.  

Options

5 Posts

12-12-2019

United States of America

12 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 603 of 653

2019-12-13, 15:19 PM
I'm glad I could help, even if it was indirectly.
Options

17 Posts

08-20-2019

United States of America

29 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 604 of 653

2019-12-13, 15:27 PM

I notice a small lag even after the full flash.  I think this is just as good as Pie ever runs on this phone.  Nothing seems to be quite as responsive as Android 8, and I never had any issue with 8, features etc.  The inability to rollback is a serious flaw in the whole upgrade process.  Anyway, the phone is behaving "OK" for now.  Time will tell.

Options

43 Posts

07-06-2019

United States of America

71 Signins

372 Page Views

• Views: 372
  • Message 605 of 653

2019-12-16, 19:21 PM

I finally found a moto g6 that I am allowed to unlock the bootloader It's a xt1925-6 that is not tied to any carrier

So I was able to unlock it and than I started the painfull process of installing a custom rom Lineage OS 16 but I finally got it done today

I never had any issues with Oreo or Pie and I just always wanted to install a custom rom

It has a lot less Google default installed apps which I was also looking for

I could also go back to Oreo if I wanted to but I want to explore this rom first and maybe a few others

Options

4 Posts

07-29-2019

United States of America

8 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 606 of 653

2019-12-16, 20:49 PM

I did the LMSA Rescue yesterday on XT1925-6. The only thing I changed was the launcher from CPL to Lawnchair 2. Phone is like butta again. I'll report back in 3-4 weeks.

Options

15 Posts

08-01-2019

United States of America

50 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 607 of 653

2019-12-18, 12:46 PM

For those of you who have become frustrated and given up (like me), what phone have you switched to in the $250-350 range?  Thanks

Options

57 Posts

11-12-2018

United States of America

74 Signins

580 Page Views

• Views: 580
  • Message 608 of 653

2019-12-18, 13:10 PM

Mscoff,

I might have taken a gamble with another Moto phone but we will see. I ordered the Moto One Action from Amazon last night

Moto One Action at Amazon

There are not a lot of reviews about it on Amazon since it is a new phone but the main attraction is that it does not use Snap Dragon, has 128g of interntal storage and has a nice screen and resoultion. It seems to be better than the G7 which I was also looking at. I did find this video and he seems to go every all the pros and cons. 

It even comes with a case. The things he didn't like about it were the hole punch at the top (that doesn't bother me) and that the camera was just OK (I don't really care about that either). It does have an option to record video in portrait that records in landscape and that is cool. It also has a stabilzation so the video doesn't "shake". It also has NFC allowing you to use Google Pay which is a nice option even if I would never use it. 

I have Straight Talk and while I have been eyeing other phones like the iPhone 6S Plus (which is pretty cheap now at Walmart) I decided not to get a phone that is no longer updated and the iPhone 8, while very nice, is still more than I wanted to pay. I may have made a mistake going with Moto again we will see how this one does. It comes with Android Pie and will get the upgrade to Android 10. If this phone turns out to be a flop I will be done with Moto for good. But I do have some high hopes based on the video above and a few others (most of the videos on YouTube are from other countries so beware of those, try to find videos like the one above from the US). This phone is clearly better than the G7 and is only priced slightly more. 

From what I have read the Moto Action One doesn't charge as fast as the G7 and the battery doesn't last as long but you should get a full day on a charge. This one does come with the Turbo Charge but (not understanding this) the charge rate is a 10 whereas the G7 has a charge rate of 15 giving you a full charge much faster. Not really an issue with me as I will keep my phone on the charger sometimes on my desk at work and I also have a rapid charger in my truck. 

Good luck and use caution if purchasing another Moto phone. I know many on the thread said they were "done" but I am willing to give them one more shot. 

Options

1 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 609 of 653

2019-12-18, 13:12 PM

What they said..

Options

2 Posts

12-18-2019

Germany

1 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 610 of 653

2019-12-18, 13:14 PM

After having also this issue with the first Android Pie (9) update and also thinking about flashing a custom rom, it seems that finally they have solved the issue. Since yesterday there is a new over the air update from Lenovo with build number PPS29.55-37-7 and since this update the freezes and lags are gone. :smileylol:

I have a Moto G6 (XT1925-5) and located in Germany. Wish you all the best that the update also fixes your issues with lagging and freezes....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms