Options

0 Posts

01-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 Play, Android 9: Most apps won't migrate to SD card?

2020-01-19, 15:37 PM

I recently purchased an micro SD card for my Moto G6 Play, running Android 9.

I followed Motorola's instructions on how to format the card as internal storage, and when prompted chose the option to migrate all my apps to the card. The SD card now appears to be formatted correctly as internal storage (see screenshot below), but none of my apps moved. I've had success manually migrating maybe three of them, but most show no option to do so (see second screenshot below for Spotify example). Under "Storage" where there should be a button that says "Change," there's just nothing.
This wouldn't be a problem, except my phone is still sending me notifications that my internal storage is full. Any ideas? Thanks!

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16644 Page Views

• Views: 16644
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Play, Android 9: Most apps won't migrate to SD card?

2020-01-22, 4:05 AM

wrote:

I recently purchased an micro SD card for my Moto G6 Play, running Android 9.

I followed Motorola's instructions on how to format the card as internal storage, and when prompted chose the option to migrate all my apps to the card. The SD card now appears to be formatted correctly as internal storage (see screenshot below), but none of my apps moved. I've had success manually migrating maybe three of them, but most show no option to do so (see second screenshot below for Spotify example). Under "Storage" where there should be a button that says "Change," there's just nothing.
This wouldn't be a problem, except my phone is still sending me notifications that my internal storage is full. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi BriaCF,

Thanks for posting! I would suggest you uninstall the apps you want to move and re-install. Check if you are able to move it, let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

0 Posts

01-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 Play, Android 9: Most apps won't migrate to SD card?

2020-01-22, 15:43 PM

Thanks Suman, unfortunately this didn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple apps, didn't see an option as to where to store them, and when I go back into storage I see that they've installed to the phone with the same issue as before: with no way to migrate to the SD card.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save