Options

7 Posts

06-09-2019

GB

8 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 Play dropped in water - repairable??

2019-06-09, 20:25 PM

Help please!!  Moto G6 Play took a dive into a bath of bleach...this is its second dunking and it already had a smashed screen (but touch screen working)...now when I try turning on, it seems to work but the screen looks like this and touch screen doesn't work, so can't get beyond the pattern it's asking for ?

Question is, will this just be a case of replacing the touch screen, or is there likely to be more going on?  If it's pretty definite that only screen will be affected I'll probably get it fixed, but if there's likely to be deeper issues then I won't bother as cost would be prohibitive.  Just wondering whether it's possible to know from the pic or whether it's impossible to know without sending off for repair.

Thoughts much appreciated!

Options

30 Posts

05-03-2019

US

25 Signins

336 Page Views

• Views: 336
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 Play dropped in water - repairable??

2019-06-10, 0:53 AM

I know that feel brah.  My mom had her phone in her hand and grabbed a handful of laundry and through it all in and washed her phone with soap and water for normal wash cycle.

The phone did dry out however the battery fried since it was turned on when it got dunked and it was ruined.  At least she paid full retail and got to keep making payments on it lol.

Sorry, can't ever get a phone wet these days.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 3 of 6

2019-06-10, 6:35 AM

Hi abilogan,

Sorry to hear about that, please be advised that the liquid damage could impact the motherboard along with other issues. Our best bet would be to have your device sent for service/repair so that the team can further diagnose your device and assist you accordingly. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

7 Posts

06-09-2019

GB

8 Signins

121 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-06-10, 7:44 AM

Thanks for replies.  Won't be sending for repair unless certain a simple screen replacement would fix it, as can't afford to waste money.  If the phone itself may be ruined, then it will just be got rid of, which would be a shame but honestly a costly repair is not an option.  Just wondered if any way of knowing for certain to help with decision making.  Phone is obviously trying to turn on but I can't input the pattern due to screen being wrecked.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 5 of 6

2019-06-10, 9:20 AM

wrote:

Thanks for replies.  Won't be sending for repair unless certain a simple screen replacement would fix it, as can't afford to waste money.  If the phone itself may be ruined, then it will just be got rid of, which would be a shame but honestly a costly repair is not an option.  Just wondered if any way of knowing for certain to help with decision making.  Phone is obviously trying to turn on but I can't input the pattern due to screen being wrecked.

I understand, but I think—you can still have your device sent to the service--where they can diagnose your device and give you the best pricing possible to fix your device. You can further choose if you would like to proceed further.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

7 Posts

06-09-2019

GB

8 Signins

121 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-06-10, 10:33 AM

No point paying for postage back and paying for diagnosis if it's quite likely to be more than a screen issue.  Don't have money to throw at this repair, just asked in case there was likely to be a definite yay or nay on what's faulty based on what the phone is doing.  I know Motorola/Lenovo will always say 'send to service', but I was hoping someone who'd seen the same issue with their phone may have had a bit of insight.  Never mind.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete