Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-23-2019

Belgium

7 Signins

108 Page Views

• Views: 108
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G6 Plus - GPS

2019-07-23, 9:39 AM

The sensitivity of the GPS receiver got very low and is no longer usable.

I checked with the Moto Help diagnose app and compared next to an older G5 phone that saw 12 sattelites while the G6 saw none.

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G6 Plus - GPS

2019-07-23, 11:28 AM

wrote:

The sensitivity of the GPS receiver got very low and is no longer usable.

I checked with the Moto Help diagnose app and compared next to an older G5 phone that saw 12 sattelites while the G6 saw none.

Hi pcasteels55,

This is unusual, we would like to investigate this further. May I know from when are you noticing this? Is it intermittent? Are you facing issues with Google maps? We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

Here is how to capture a Bug Report. 

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

4 Posts

07-23-2019

Belgium

7 Signins

108 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2019-07-23, 11:44 AM

Dear Swaraj

Thanks for your reply. My IMEI is now in my profile.

I searched further in this forum and saw that more people experience this kind of problem, usually after upgrading to Android 9.

My phone was also upgraded to 9 but I didn't notice the coincidence with this GPS problem.

A suggestion I found was:

- switch off battery optimization for apps that use the GPS. In my case Google Maps, OSMAND and Moto Help.

- switch off location WiFi and Bluetooth scanning

This definitely makes a big difference but I want to test more.

Best regards

Paul

Options

4 Posts

07-23-2019

Belgium

7 Signins

108 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2019-07-23, 16:44 PM

Hello

Back home the Motorola-Test and a few apps I checked still report problems with GPS.

I created a bug report:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yyWNMKf5zaEsCbMqRFYMSsq191AMpu11

Best regards

Paul

Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-07-24, 10:00 AM

wrote:

Hello

Back home the Motorola-Test and a few apps I checked still report problems with GPS.

I created a bug report:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yyWNMKf5zaEsCbMqRFYMSsq191AMpu11

Best regards

Paul

Thank you for testing and sharing us the Bug Report. Appreciate your efforts. We have shared your Bug Reports along with IMEI to our concern team for further investigation. Will keep you posted if we need additional information.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms