IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 21 of 30

Re: Moto G6 Plus Random Shut Down

2019-07-12, 10:50 AM

wrote:

Hello there, I have been using Moto g6 for last 8 months, I have two major and 1 minor issue.
1. Phone gets auto switched off when not using it, either during charging or while I sleep. Takes time to reboot.
2. After I updated it with pie, the audio volume level has gone so down, unable to listen while any call comes, being very closer to the set.
And one minor issue, it's touch sensors are very frustrating. Most of the times, doesn't respond in one go

Hi Naulakha,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue you have been facing. We would like to help, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

1 Posts

09-12-2019

IN

5 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 22 of 30

2019-09-12, 1:20 AM

i also face the same problem regularly and no help is ever given from customer service.

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2019

US

3 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 23 of 30

2019-09-16, 19:52 PM

My entire family (4 of us) got brand new Moto g6's from our Verizon store in 2018.  We have had none stop issues with these phones since we got them.  My husband had such bad issues he got a factory replacement 4 months after his new phone.  

Since then, while we dont love the phone, things were tolerable (even though i have called customer support about several issues with no resolve).  UNTIL THE PIE UPDATE!!I Since then we (all 4 of our phones) constantly crash, lag, Volume goes up and down,  shut tabs, screens go black while on the phone and you can't get anything to show up so you have to manually power off the phone just so you can hang up, and CONSTANTLY TURN ITSELF OFF!!!!!!!  Anywhere from 2-10 times a day.  Sometimes when we are using them and sometkmes when the phone is just sitting on the countertop. 

I have called Verizon about 10 times and Motorola twice . No help.  We have done factory resets, deleted apps, caches, we have tried everything.

The Pie update made the phone unusable and the next update after the Pie didn't change anything.  It made it actually WORSE!!!

Our first phones back in the 90's were Motorola flip phones.  We thought they were great.  We now have a very different opinion of Motorola.  

We feel hurt and betrayed that we spent good money on unusable technology.  And, of course our phones are out of warranty now.  

Solutions??  Motorola???

Options

1 Posts

10-01-2019

US

1 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 24 of 30

2019-10-01, 19:56 PM

Also seeing something similar with my Moto G6. The volume goes up and down randomly, and the sometimes the screen will not "wake up" when I turn it on. It just stays off and I have to soft-reset it to get the phone to do anything. I don't think its a battery issue because when it happens, the battery charge remains the same.

Thankfully it only happens once every few days but it's really annoying since it takes 30-60 seconds to reboot. It's obviously a hardware problem, I just wish Lenovo had a solution for us.

Options

3 Posts

10-03-2019

GB

6 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 25 of 30

2019-10-03, 17:23 PM

Also having pretty much the same problems.  Random restarts (every few hours to every few days), try to download a picture on chrome and it crashes.  Try the same on the google app and it crashes.  Sometimes the play store crashes too.  At this point I have to reset the phone (sometimes several times) to remedy the problem, only for it to return a while later.

I've tried booting into safe mode, a factory reset, booting into recovery mode and clearing the cache, pretty much everything the many posts on here regarding these problems recommends and nothing has worked.  I've had other motorola phones in the past and have recommended hem to friends and family, but no more unless this obviously widespread problem can be sorted.

Options

3 Posts

12-27-2019

US

1 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 26 of 30

2019-12-27, 14:41 PM

I had the same problem after the Pie OS update last summer.  Tried MANY approaches to solving the "random" turn-off issue.  Took quite a while to figure out that I had to do the special start (very long start button press) in order to get the phone to start up again.

Anyway, a couple of months ago I noticed that the G6 had turned off three nights in a row while on a non-Motorola wall wart charger (not the Turbo charger) in the living room.  My Turbo charger stays in the den.  Realized then that I often had a G6 shutdown while in my shop (also a cheaper charger).  Ordered two more Motorola Turbo chargers and stopped using the light duty chargers. 

It's now been 51 days since the last "surprise" shutdown for my G6.  Have never had an issue with the chargers in our vehicles so suspect that the problem is perhaps caused by poor voltage regulation rather than the lower amperage charging rate.  The 12V available in vehicles is from the vehicles' battery and should be very well regulated.  Interesting that my wife has an identical G6 and has only had one shutdown since the Pie update, but she has almost always uses either her Turbo charger or (since she's going somewhere about all of the time!), the vehicle chargers.

Your mileage may vary, but since I'd spent a lot of time on this forum looking for a solution, thought I'd share what has worked for me for the last two months.

..............Jim

Options

1 Posts

08-04-2020

IN

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 27 of 30

Re:Moto G6 Plus Random Shut Down

2020-08-04, 5:45 AM
When ever I put mobile in charging then mobile not indicate the charging then I put mobile with out using so it suddenly switch off and I always turn on the mobile. Whenever any call came and they cut so my mobile suddenly switch off. Whenever mobile not indicate the charging so mobile within 5 to 10 minutes shut down immediately. Please help me on this problem whenever I use always I turn the mobile . This problem doing every day 10-15 time...
Options

2619 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

357 Signins

24370 Page Views

• Views: 24370
  • Message 28 of 30

2020-08-04, 10:54 AM

@ Vyas Jay wrote:

When ever I put mobile in charging then mobile not indicate the charging then I put mobile with out using so it suddenly switch off and I always turn on the mobile. Whenever any call came and they cut so my mobile suddenly switch off. Whenever mobile not indicate the charging so mobile within 5 to 10 minutes shut down immediately.Please help me on this problem whenever I use always I turn the mobile . This problem doing every day 10-15 time...

Hi,

Sorry to know about your device and the inconvenience caused. I will try my best to assist you with this. May I know when did it start? 

First, I would like you to check your device in Safe Mode and observe it for some time. Let us know if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Let me know, I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

08-19-2020

IN

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 29 of 30

2020-08-19, 6:31 AM

Hi,

I am having the same issue since a month, I have already tried the Safe mode but it does not work at all. And I have been using this phone for 2 years now. Please advise how will this be fixed. 

-Vishal

Options

2619 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

357 Signins

24370 Page Views

• Views: 24370
  • Message 30 of 30

2020-08-19, 11:05 AM

@ Vishal105 wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same issue since a month, I have already tried the Safe mode but it does not work at all. And I have been using this phone for 2 years now. Please advise how will this be fixed. 

-Vishal

Hi,

Thanks for trying and I understand the inconvenience caused. I would suggest you re-install the software through LMSA.

I recommend taking a back up of your contacts and data just in case. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete