10-18-2019

US

8 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 1 of 9

Moto G6 Shuts Down On It's Own

2019-10-27, 23:03 PM

I have had my Moto G6 for about a month now. It was upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie straight out of the box. I purchased this through Amazon and using it on Tracfone.  Since using, I have noticed that they are random times where my phone will shut down on its own out of nowhere.  Most recently, as of this week, it has done it several times, and has caused me to miss some important wake-up alarms or calls/texts.  I love this phone, however, this is my 1st Moto phone  I was a bonfide LG user for the past 10 years) and I've ever had this issue with any of my other phones.  I've looked through just about every forum post on here, and operating in safe mode is not an option for me right now. I found one post about going into Developer Options and getting a bug report. I have downloaded that and I can send it to you, if necessary.  My IMEI is in my profile.  This needs to be rectified quickly.  Thank you for reading this.  

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Views: 18479
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G6 Shuts Down On It's Own

2019-10-30, 9:36 AM

wrote:

I have had my Moto G6 for about a month now. It was upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie straight out of the box. I purchased this through Amazon and using it on Tracfone.  Since using, I have noticed that they are random times where my phone will shut down on its own out of nowhere.  Most recently, as of this week, it has done it several times, and has caused me to miss some important wake-up alarms or calls/texts.  I love this phone, however, this is my 1st Moto phone  I was a bonfide LG user for the past 10 years) and I've ever had this issue with any of my other phones.  I've looked through just about every forum post on here, and operating in safe mode is not an option for me right now. I found one post about going into Developer Options and getting a bug report. I have downloaded that and I can send it to you, if necessary.  My IMEI is in my profile.  This needs to be rectified quickly.  Thank you for reading this.  

Hi Shannon920,

Sorry to know about this. Could you check your device in Safe Mode and observe it for some time? Here is the link for Safe Mode. Let me know how it goes.

Let us try some basic troubleshooting first.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

10-18-2019

US

8 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2019-11-25, 0:11 AM

It's been almost a month since I started this post.  Still having the same issues.  This phone shuts down on it's own.  I've done a factory reset.  I've operated in Safe Mode.  Everything!  Nothing is working.  It's to the point where I'm wary of using any of the regular features on the phone like the alarms because there have been several times where the phone was off and I didn't know until I realized that I missed my alarm!  

In addition, why are there so many apps that run at once?  I've gone in to change the settings on EVERYTHING and it still doesn't keep 50 or so apps operating all at the same time.  I have a feeling this may be what is causing my phone to shut down.  However, how would I know if there is no way for me to find out until after I see my phone is off?

I was a dedicated LG user for about 10 years.  This is my 1st Motorola phone, and I am very disappointed and frustrated.  Even though I like the phone, I don't even know if I want to get a replacement.  Why?  Because it's quickly getting to the point where I can't trust it.

I would appreciate your prompt assistance in this matter.

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2019-11-25, 4:45 AM

wrote:

It's been almost a month since I started this post.  Still having the same issues.  This phone shuts down on it's own.  I've done a factory reset.  I've operated in Safe Mode.  Everything!  Nothing is working.  It's to the point where I'm wary of using any of the regular features on the phone like the alarms because there have been several times where the phone was off and I didn't know until I realized that I missed my alarm!  

In addition, why are there so many apps that run at once?  I've gone in to change the settings on EVERYTHING and it still doesn't keep 50 or so apps operating all at the same time.  I have a feeling this may be what is causing my phone to shut down.  However, how would I know if there is no way for me to find out until after I see my phone is off?

I was a dedicated LG user for about 10 years.  This is my 1st Motorola phone, and I am very disappointed and frustrated.  Even though I like the phone, I don't even know if I want to get a replacement.  Why?  Because it's quickly getting to the point where I can't trust it.

I would appreciate your prompt assistance in this matter.

Hi Shannon920,

Thanks for letting us know. Did you perform the Factory Data Reset without automatic restore? If not, kindly perform once more without automatic restore and see how it goes. If the issue still persists, a repair would be the next option.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

10-18-2019

US

8 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2019-11-25, 5:49 AM

I have done the factory data reset by itself.  Have you taken a look at my IMEI to see if you can see anything?  A repair is not an option right now..

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2019-11-25, 6:20 AM

wrote:

I have done the factory data reset by itself.  Have you taken a look at my IMEI to see if you can see anything?  A repair is not an option right now..

Hi Shannon920,

Yes, I have your device IMEI number and will check your device performance, however, did you perform the Factory Data Reset without automatic restore though? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

10-18-2019

US

8 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2019-11-29, 9:51 AM

Yes.  I performed the Factory Data Reset without Automatic Restore.  Still no luck.

Options

1777 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

298 Signins

18479 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2019-12-04, 6:12 AM

wrote:

Yes.  I performed the Factory Data Reset without Automatic Restore.  Still no luck.

Hi Shannon920,

Thanks for trying! I would suggest you reinstall the Software through LMSA and perform the Rescue Option (make sure to take a back up of your contacts and data as it will reset your device). Follow these steps and watch the video

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Options

2 Posts

06-28-2020

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 9 of 9

Re:Moto G6 Shuts Down On It's Own

2020-06-29, 2:28 AM

My solution was to use Rescue and Smart Assistant to Flash my phones OS. Worked like a charm. Did setup just like a new phone and let everything load and no more problems.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete