06-01-2018

US

47 Signins

403 Page Views

• Views: 403
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G6 (US) compass or not???

2018-06-17, 16:38 PM

i can't get any definitive answer to this question. the reason i ask is that i've read specs that it does, but it doesn't act like it has one. 

case in point. whenever i use any app that requires one (outside of google maps), a little location icon appears on the notification band at the top. it happens with any compass apps i have, plus an app for mapping my bike rides. the icon stays there until i do a force stop of those apps. 

i'm confused. 

does the x4 have one? i'm trying to find a phone that does in the moto line. 

Options

119 Posts

06-14-2018

PL

136 Signins

1131 Page Views

• Views: 1131
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G6 (US) compass or not???

2018-06-18, 10:21 AM

wrote:

i can't get any definitive answer to this question. the reason i ask is that i've read specs that it does, but it doesn't act like it has one. 

case in point. whenever i use any app that requires one (outside of google maps), a little location icon appears on the notification band at the top. it happens with any compass apps i have, plus an app for mapping my bike rides. the icon stays there until i do a force stop of those apps. 

i'm confused. 

does the x4 have one? i'm trying to find a phone that does in the moto line. 

All Moto G6 versions have a magnetometer, not all compass applications work properly but rather the fault of their creators. I use the compass on this topic (works without GPS) :

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Does-the-basic-G6-include-a-magnetometer/m-p/4112851/highlight/true#M931

On my Moto G6 "Google Maps" also works without problems in offline mode with GPS enabled.

Here you have the specification according to the regions of the world:

https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6-9000.php#usa

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save