01-17-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 'Your device has failed verification and may not work properly'

2020-01-17, 19:11 PM

Hi all, struggled to find a solution for this online and hoping that someone on here might be able to help. Recently updated my Moto G6 but the device failed to reboot after installation and now shows this message:

"Your device has failed verification and may not work properly.
To learn more visit:
motorola.com/unlockbootloader
id:
Your device will boot in 5 seconds"

The 'id:' field is blank and there is "n/a" half-way between the "to learn more" and "motorola" url lines.

I have never unlocked the bootloader (didn't even know it was a thing before this incident) and it says 'oem_locked' on the screen with the Android robot on (none of the options on this screen do anything either, just return to the original error screen).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Options

1514 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

272 Signins

16639 Page Views

• Views: 16639
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G6 'Your device has failed verification and may not work properly'

2020-01-22, 3:32 AM

wrote:

Hi all, struggled to find a solution for this online and hoping that someone on here might be able to help. Recently updated my Moto G6 but the device failed to reboot after installation and now shows this message:

"Your device has failed verification and may not work properly.
To learn more visit:
motorola.com/unlockbootloader
id:
Your device will boot in 5 seconds"

The 'id:' field is blank and there is "n/a" half-way between the "to learn more" and "motorola" url lines.

I have never unlocked the bootloader (didn't even know it was a thing before this incident) and it says 'oem_locked' on the screen with the Android robot on (none of the options on this screen do anything either, just return to the original error screen).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi james_rabey,

Sorry to know about this. My best advice in this situation is that you submit your device for a repair. Kindly contact our Motorola Support from your location. Here are the details.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

34 Posts

10-27-2019

US

106 Signins

711 Page Views

• Views: 711
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G6 'Your device has failed verification and may not work properly'

2020-01-29, 19:51 PM

I would suggest calling Motorola technical support using a different phone than your G6. When I first got my G7 Play (also have a G6), I had a couple issues I couldn't figure out on my own, nor were any of the Moto moderators here on the forum able to help, so I called tech support on my landline so I could access the Motos while speaking with them. A customer tech had me load an app called Rescue+Mobile, which allowed him to completely access my G7 Play on his end as if he was using it, found the problems, reset some things, and I was good to go. Tech support has different levels of expertise depending on the extent of the problem(s) and they were super helpful. If they aren't able to fix a problem, they will then request the phone be sent in for evaluation/repair. My G7 Play continues to perform well, and haven't had any issues with the G6.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save