Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

04-23-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

32 Signins

165 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 165
  • Message 31 of 43

Re:Moto G6 after pie update: Bluetooth headset: outgoing voice sound is bad

2020-04-25, 14:43 PM

Using Soundcore P2 Wireless Earbuds, with Moto G6. The audio works without any issue, but the microphone doesn't work or is extremely low volume. The phone does not hear my voice either on telephone call or using the voice assistant. I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem? I have tried the earbuds with another Bluetooth device, the microphone work without any problem .

Any advice or solution would be greatly appreciated.

Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Views: 27540
  • Message 32 of 43

2020-04-28, 8:02 AM

@ dashard77 wrote:

Using Soundcore P2 Wireless Earbuds, with Moto G6. The audio works without any issue, but the microphone doesn't work or is extremely low volume. The phone does not hear my voice either on telephone call or using the voice assistant. I wondered if anyone has had a similar problem? I have tried the earbuds with another Bluetooth device, the microphone work without any problem .

Any advice or solution would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have responded on your original post, kindly reply there to avoid confusion.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 33 of 43

2020-05-12, 15:22 PM

Hello,

I'm having the same problem, which, it would appear, has been going on for quite some time for other folks. I hadn't noticed it until recently, as I haven't needed to use my bluetooth headset (Sardonyx SX-918) for phone calls until the coronavirus hit. At any rate, I'm on Android 9, build number PPSS29.118-15-11-9.

After scouring the forums, I see multiple posts on the same issue with multiple headset models. Many users say they've tried the same headsets on other devices, and they work fine. I can confirm that my headset is fine when connected to my computer. I have not tried to use any other headsets with my phone though.

I also saw one user who seems to have discovered that the phone is using the built-in mic, rather than the one on the bluetooth headset. I'm going to test this myself in about an hour-and-a-half.

Regardless, I'm just throwing yet another voice in here clamoring for a fix to what is clearly either a software or hardware issue with the G6 itself.

Options

1 Posts

09-23-2020

Austria

9 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 34 of 43

2020-09-23, 19:19 PM

Is there a solution for the issue?

Options

1 Posts

02-24-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 35 of 43

2021-02-24, 17:38 PM

I have the same problem.  This has been an issue for over 1.5 years.  Is Moto looking into this at all or they just expect us to get a new phone?

Options

6 Posts

09-18-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 36 of 43

2021-02-25, 15:07 PM

They just expect you to get a new phone, they are already on gen 9, and they haven't given any updates since the update that caused this issue. 

Options

13002 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1250 Signins

170160 Page Views

• Views: 170160
  • Message 37 of 43

2021-02-25, 20:35 PM

Hi Snoopy88

I just checked this and it is still escalated on our end. I don't have an update regarding this but the phone will no longer receive updates. Can you please confirm if you've tried using a different Bluetooth device? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

6 Posts

09-18-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 38 of 43

2021-02-26, 4:20 AM

I tested this extensively, as I had just bought two g6's and talked my entire team into them as well, right before the update. Before the update, every bluetooth device worked perfectly, we tried 7 different bluetooth devices on 5 different types of phone. Across every g6, mic volume was near to zero. On a g7, Samsung, lg, and iphone, there were no issues with any of the bluetooth devices. The g6 would work perfectly with a wired headphone set, on speaker, and through the normal handset mode. The problem is only on bluetooth, and was replicated on verizon, sprint, and att networks. 

Options

3 Posts

08-19-2018

Mexico

6 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 39 of 43

2021-02-26, 4:38 AM

This is hilarious. How can something be escalated for 18 months and no single update or action has been taken on your side. 

I did take action and switched to OnePlus. It will be a while before I consider buying another Motorola device. 

Options

13002 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1250 Signins

170160 Page Views

• Views: 170160
  • Message 40 of 43

2021-02-26, 17:57 PM

I'm sorry if we didn't have an update with this. Right now, we can try troubleshooting this. At this point, can you please try doing full factory data reset without restore? Just backup important files/apps so you won't lose them. But we recommend not restoring them right away before testing your Bluetooth devices and confirm if there's improvement. 

Settings > System > Reset Options > Factory Data Reset

I hope that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)