06-08-2018

GB

51 Signins

459 Page Views

• Views: 459
  • Message 1 of 29

Moto G6 aptX support

2018-06-08, 8:49 AM

Does the Moto G6 support aptX audio codec?

Solved! See the solution
Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 29

Re: Moto G6 aptX support

2018-06-08, 10:24 AM

wrote:

Does the Moto G6 support aptX audio codec?

Hello, gazzak

Yes, it does!--- this is pretty standard now on our phones. (The accessory has to support aptX as well, of course.)

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

44 Posts

06-08-2018

GB

51 Signins

459 Page Views

• Message 3 of 29

2018-06-08, 10:40 AM

It doesn't appear to be working then, worked fine on my old Moto G5. The headphones in question are Sony MDR-ZX770BN https://www.sony-mea.com/en/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx770bn these are definitely aptX capable headphones. The codec is always SBC when they are connected to the phone. If you manually set the codec to aptX in developer options on the G6 when the headphones connect it reverts the phone back to SBC. The headphones also support AAC codec and again if you manually select AAC in developer options as soon as the headphones connect the phone reverts to the SBC codec.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 4 of 29

2018-06-08, 11:29 AM

wrote:

It doesn't appear to be working then, worked fine on my old Moto G5. The headphones in question are Sony MDR-ZX770BN https://www.sony-mea.com/en/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx770bn these are definitely aptX capable headphones. The codec is always SBC when they are connected to the phone. If you manually set the codec to aptX in developer options on the G6 when the headphones connect it reverts the phone back to SBC. The headphones also support AAC codec and again if you manually select AAC in developer options as soon as the headphones connect the phone reverts to the SBC codec.

Hi, gazzak

Interesting, let me try to investigate this further as I have personally not tested this. Let me see if we can test this and get back you. 

Regards,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

44 Posts

06-08-2018

GB

51 Signins

459 Page Views

• Message 5 of 29

2018-06-08, 11:45 AM

Another issue I have also regarding bluetooth is when connecting to my car and playing music via bluetooth the metadata for the music that is playing i.e artist/song title has issues. The titles usually work but not always and sometimes shows the incorrect artist/song or gets stuck on the first song you play, and every time I play music over bluetooth the track time glitches normally goes up for a few seconds then stops then jumps forward a few seconds then starts again. My old Moto G5 had no issues in the same vehicle, you may need to add AVRCP 1.3 into developer options as I believe this was the version present on the Moto G5, and Android 8.1 has AVRCP 1.3 present in developer options.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 6 of 29

2018-06-08, 16:03 PM

Hi gazzak,

Thank you for your information, we would like to have more information on this-- could you share us make/model/trim of the vehicle, bug report and Bluetooth snoop log for the issue in the car.

>> Please take Bluetooth snoop log for when you are trying to use the headphones.

Here is how you can take Bluetooth snoop log;

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Blue tooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On

6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive

9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.

10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well

11. Share the link to the Bug Report and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

13. Once completed > Locate Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Blue tooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Here is how you can take Bug report;

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Do let us know if you have any further question in regards.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

44 Posts

06-08-2018

GB

51 Signins

459 Page Views

• Message 7 of 29

2018-06-08, 20:23 PM

One vehicle is a 2011 Ford Focus Zetec and the other vehicle is a 2016 Nissan Pulsar I would imagine any vehicle that shows the track time and song metadata while playing audio over bluetooth would demonstrate the issue and I have since tried another Moto G6 and the issue is present on the other handset so you could probably get a handset out of your cupboard and recreate the issue yourself.

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Message 8 of 29

2018-06-11, 9:18 AM

wrote:

One vehicle is a 2011 Ford Focus Zetec and the other vehicle is a 2016 Nissan Pulsar I would imagine any vehicle that shows the track time and song metadata while playing audio over bluetooth would demonstrate the issue and I have since tried another Moto G6 and the issue is present on the other handset so you could probably get a handset out of your cupboard and recreate the issue yourself.

Hi gazzak,

Thank you for your information, please be informed that we have shared your details with our product team for further investigation on this. Could you also share us the log files as that would help our engineer team for further lookups in regards to the same? 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Options

44 Posts

06-08-2018

GB

51 Signins

459 Page Views

• Message 9 of 29

2018-06-12, 8:53 AM

Just to add my friend tried some Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC aptX https://www.aptx.com/products/sennheiser-hd-450-btnc-wireless headphones on his moto G6 and I can confirm under developer options the codec always reverts to SBC even if you choose aptX, so it looks like its not relevent to a particular brand of headphones. My Sony headphones can also be found as certified on the aptX website https://www.aptx.com/products/sony-mdr-zx770bn-wireless-headphones

Options

44 Posts

06-08-2018

GB

51 Signins

459 Page Views

• Message 10 of 29

2018-06-14, 9:24 AM

Any news on this have you tried an aptX capable bluetooth accessory with the Moto G6 yet. And has anyone at Lenovo/Motorola paired a phone to a vehicle yet?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save