Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

12-12-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 3

Moto G6 battery died, replaced and died around a month later, replaced and died again in a month

2020-12-12, 6:13 AM

The first battery lasted a long time but it eventually died a few months ago.  The phone wouldn't turn on but showed a charging screen.  I think leaving it charging on a dryer did it.

I replaced it with a battery from ebay.  It lasted for around a month or two and it died as well.  The phone would stop working all of a sudden and turn off.  The phone would work but it had to be connected to a power source with a charging cable.  It was swollen when I removed it.  I didn't leave it charging on a dryer this time.

I replaced it again with another battery from ebay and it lasted around a month.  Now the phone turns off at random times and seems to be on its way to acting like the one I just replaced.  I didn't leave it charging on anything this time either.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Options

367 Posts

10-12-2012

United States of America

902 Signins

22078 Page Views

• Views: 22078
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Moto G6 battery died, replaced and died around a month later, replaced and died again in a month

2020-12-13, 17:28 PM

As you are learning, doing the repair work yourself is almost never the lowest cost option.  And it sounds like your supplier of batteries may have a quality problem.  

Have you considered taking your phone to a Motorola authorized service center?  They will test the device thoroughly, then repair using factory parts, and provide both a parts and labor warranty.  

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Moto G6 battery died, replaced and died around a month later, replaced and died again in a month

2020-12-14, 14:32 PM

jon_m079

We recommend that you have your phone repaired. You can find your repair options on our site here, and they include an extensive carry-in repair network that in many cases can provide same-day service, plus mail-in and some fix-it yourself options. You will find an interactive map that allows you to find a carry-in center convenient to you. We recommend contacting the repair center to ensure they are prepared for your specific issue.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms