Options

4 Posts

07-23-2006

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Moto G6 freezes and/or lags after input

2020-01-17, 22:19 PM

Over the past 6-8 months, my Moto G6 has gradually gotten slower and slower. It often lags or freezes when I try to open an app or make any input. Sometimes the lag is 20-30 seconds. I also frequently get a messages stating that "System not responding" or "[insert app name here] not responding." It's getting to the point that I'm ready to buy a new phone. I know the recommendation is going to be to do a "factory reset," but I really don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary. I found another similar thread on this forum be there seemed to be no resolution.

I think part of the problem is that I don't have a lot of free memry left. Of the 32GB, only 7.12GB is free. The system alone takes 13GB. I'm running Android 9 and have all the latest updates, including a security update I ran today.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

Options

1718 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1616 Signins

25258 Page Views

• Views: 25258
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G6 freezes and/or lags after input

2020-01-18, 10:02 AM

wrote:

Over the past 6-8 months, my Moto G6 has gradually gotten slower and slower. It often lags or freezes when I try to open an app or make any input. Sometimes the lag is 20-30 seconds. I also frequently get a messages stating that "System not responding" or "[insert app name here] not responding." It's getting to the point that I'm ready to buy a new phone. I know the recommendation is going to be to do a "factory reset," but I really don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary. I found another similar thread on this forum be there seemed to be no resolution.

I think part of the problem is that I don't have a lot of free memry left. Of the 32GB, only 7.12GB is free. The system alone takes 13GB. I'm running Android 9 and have all the latest updates, including a security update I ran today.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

As you say a,"Factory Reset" is the way to go. I do one a couple of times a year even if my phones are running well as a kind of 10,000 mile service. It keeps the phones fast and slick but I always have multiple backups of my stuff on the Cloud and my Laptop/PC.

That said here's a couple of easy things to try,

1 : Install this small ad-free File manager from the Playstore,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cxinventor.file.explorer&hl=en_GB

Not only is it easier to use than the stock ones it comes with a nice Analyze feature to clean up junk.

2: Press and hold the Power button until the phone restarts. This is a,"Soft Reset" and emulates taking the Battery out and can clear Clogged Ram of temp data that can prevent the phone working correctly.

3: If you haven't used an app in a couple of months uninstall it/them.

HTH :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save