Options

28 Posts

02-24-2014

GB

36 Signins

291 Page Views

• Views: 291
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto G6 - freezes / goes black (especially after removing charging cable)

2019-10-15, 19:31 PM

Hi

About a month ago my G6 died on me in the middle of the day - the screen went black (as in powered off not showing a black background) and the phone was totally unresponsive.  I pressed the power button for ~20 seconds and to my relief it came back to life.

This week it has started doing it more often - three times including twice today.  Each time a very long press on the power button restores it.  It's not connected to a low battery because I hardly ever let my phone run below 50% - however on all but one occasion the phone was charging at the time and I'd either just removed the cable or it may have been dislodged.  Tonight for the first time it died when it was nowhere near a cable (and at 73% charge).

It is less than 12 months old.  Are there any diagnostics I can usefully run or should I send it back to the retailer?  Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Views: 18819
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G6 - freezes / goes black (especially after removing charging cable)

2019-10-16, 8:46 AM

wrote:

Hi

About a month ago my G6 died on me in the middle of the day - the screen went black (as in powered off not showing a black background) and the phone was totally unresponsive.  I pressed the power button for ~20 seconds and to my relief it came back to life.

This week it has started doing it more often - three times including twice today.  Each time a very long press on the power button restores it.  It's not connected to a low battery because I hardly ever let my phone run below 50% - however on all but one occasion the phone was charging at the time and I'd either just removed the cable or it may have been dislodged.  Tonight for the first time it died when it was nowhere near a cable (and at 73% charge).

It is less than 12 months old.  Are there any diagnostics I can usefully run or should I send it back to the retailer?  Is this a known problem?

Thanks

Hi JamesWyper,

Sorry to know about this. Looks like there might be an issue with the Hardware. I would suggest you contact our Customer Service for further assistance. Here is the link.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

10-22-2019

US

1 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: Moto G6 - freezes / goes black (especially after removing charging cable)

2019-10-22, 6:00 AM

I have this identical problem:  after 2 months of trial-and-error, it can now be reliably reproduced:

After disconnecting from a recharge, the phone crashes the first time it "auto-sleeps."  A long (up to 20 sec) pressing of the power button forces a powerdown and a reboot.

Options

1 Posts

06-29-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

Re:Moto G6 - freezes / goes black (especially after removing charging cable)

2020-06-29, 17:30 PM

Did you find a solution for this problem? The same thing is occurring on my G6, it takes a long time for it to reboot after forcing the powerdown and reboot.

@ Morf wrote:

I have this identical problem:  after 2 months of trial-and-error, it can now be reliably reproduced:

After disconnecting from a recharge, the phone crashes the first time it "auto-sleeps."  A long (up to 20 sec) pressing of the power button forces a powerdown and a reboot.

Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Views: 18819
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Moto G6 - freezes / goes black (especially after removing charging cable)

2020-06-30, 9:09 AM

@ BethyM wrote:

Did you find a solution for this problem? The same thing is occurring on my G6, it takes a long time for it to reboot after forcing the powerdown and reboot.

@ Morf wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for posting! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps regarding this? 

If not, can you perform Clear Cache in your device and see if it's the same? Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > select the apps > Storage > Clear Cache.

Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete