Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G6 / Moto G6 Plus / Moto G6 Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Views: 27540
  • Message 41 of 51

Re:Moto G6 not charging

2020-07-02, 7:56 AM

@ Ramin1987 wrote:

Hello There.

My phone (Moto G6 Play) just working when its plugged on the charger. I have tried a both soft and factory reset but the problem is not solved. The battery percentage is full, but shuts off when I disconnect it from the charger.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to know about about your device. Have you performed the Factory Data Reset with an automatic restore? Kindly confirm.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

08-27-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

9 Signins

51 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 51
  • Message 42 of 51

2020-07-10, 21:07 PM
Hi, Im experiencing the same issue as the original poster. I have searched all over the internet for a solution- i cant find anything. I havent had the phone for that long. I have tried multiple cables and plugs, and I do still have the original charger. Please could a motoagent help me? Kindest Regards, Tilly
Options

13 Posts

11-13-2019

Nigeria

16 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 43 of 51

2020-07-10, 22:19 PM
I replaced my IC unit(on the motherboard) and my phone now charges fine.
Options

4 Posts

08-27-2019

9 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 44 of 51

2020-07-11, 9:47 AM
I'm not very technical at all, I thought it was hard to get the back off of the Moto G6 Play without breaking it?
Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Message 45 of 51

2020-07-13, 9:39 AM

@ Tilly1708 wrote:

I'm not very technical at all, I thought it was hard to get the back off of the Moto G6 Play without breaking it?

Hi,

Sorry to know about this. Please test your device in Safe Mode and observe it for some time. See if the issue persists.

Also, perform a Battery Calibration and see how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

08-27-2019

9 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 46 of 51

2020-07-13, 17:49 PM
Hi @Agent_Suman Thank you for the quick reply. I forgot to add to my last message that I had tried in safe mode and did not have any success. I also performed a battery calibration, and a battery health check, neither of which said I had any issues. I read what you said to the original poster and performed a hard reset- that also didn't work. What else can you advise? Thank you! Tilly
Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Message 47 of 51

2020-07-14, 8:41 AM

@ Tilly1708 wrote:

Hi @Agent_SumanThank you for the quick reply. I forgot to add to my last message that I had tried in safe mode and did not have any success.I also performed a battery calibration, and a battery health check, neither of which said I had any issues. I read what you said to the original poster and performed a hard reset- that also didn't work.What else can you advise?Thank you!Tilly

It looks like there might be an issue with the Battery. Could you please re-confirm the exact issue with the device? You have only mentioned that it's a similar issue as the first post.

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Options

4 Posts

08-27-2019

9 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 48 of 51

2020-07-14, 8:50 AM
Hi @Agent_Suman, Thanks again for another quick reply :) My battery doesn't charge properly anymore. I go to put it on the turbo power charger that came with the phone, and it doesn't charge. For instance, I put it on charge at 12% and left it whilst I did some jobs, and it didn't charge at all. It was stuck on that percentage. I took it off charge, turned it off and charged it, charged it in safe mode etc and nothing changed, I managed to get it to charge a little by putting it on to a normal charger, and then back onto the turbocharger. I know the plug and lead on the charger are not broken because I have tried another phone on it to see if it would charge, and it did. Thanks, Tilly
Options

2975 Posts

04-04-2018

India

396 Signins

27540 Page Views

• Message 49 of 51

2020-07-14, 11:02 AM

@ Tilly1708 wrote:

Hi @Agent_Suman,Thanks again for another quick reply :)My battery doesn't charge properly anymore. I go to put it on the turbo power charger that came with the phone, and it doesn't charge. For instance, I put it on charge at 12% and left it whilst I did some jobs, and it didn't charge at all. It was stuck on that percentage. I took it off charge, turned it off and charged it, charged it in safe mode etc and nothing changed, I managed to get it to charge a little by putting it on to a normal charger, and then back onto the turbocharger. I know the plug and lead on the charger are not broken because I have tried another phone on it to see if it would charge, and it did.Thanks,Tilly

Thanks for trying! It looks like the issue is with the Battery. Since you have already tried with the basic troubleshooting steps like charging with different chargers, charged the device in Safe Mode, and the issue persists, my advice in this situation is that you submit your device for a repair.

I would suggest you contact here for further assistance. I really wish I could help you with this. 

Regards,

Suman

Options

132 Posts

12-22-2017

United States of America

108 Signins

1051 Page Views

• Views: 1051
  • Message 50 of 51

2020-07-14, 11:29 AM
Look on YouTube you can make a tool to clean your charging port. It gets dust in there and it won't charge it's happen to me. Just blowing in it doesn't work. This might help you
John caron
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms