06-20-2018

US

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 not compatible with boost mobile network

2018-06-20, 1:20 AM

I bought my awesome Moto G6 universal unlocked on Sunday 6/17/18 from Best Buy. Also with a boost mobile 3 pack of sim cards and the advertised $50 boost mobile card and got $50 off the phone. All 3 sim cards say "Sim card invalid" when trying to setup and boosts network says I can't swap my service onto the G6. So I called Boost and 2 times I was told the device is not on the compatibility list and that I should return the phone for something on the list. So I called Best Buy and they suggested I bring it in to a Boost Mobile store and try. Did that and was told that it was not on the supported device list...yet. No date would be given to me. I have to get out of this Samsung S4 it is driving me mad. Please help!

Options

28302 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5838 Signins

132750 Page Views

• Views: 132750
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 not compatible with boost mobile network

2018-06-20, 14:01 PM

wrote:

I bought my awesome Moto G6 universal unlocked on Sunday 6/17/18 from Best Buy. Also with a boost mobile 3 pack of sim cards and the advertised $50 boost mobile card and got $50 off the phone. All 3 sim cards say "Sim card invalid" when trying to setup and boosts network says I can't swap my service onto the G6. So I called Boost and 2 times I was told the device is not on the compatibility list and that I should return the phone for something on the list. So I called Best Buy and they suggested I bring it in to a Boost Mobile store and try. Did that and was told that it was not on the supported device list...yet. No date would be given to me. I have to get out of this Samsung S4 it is driving me mad. Please help!

The Motorola site says it is compatible. 

https://www.motorola.com/us/carrier-compatibility

But let me ask. I see many youtube videos fo G6 Play on Boost. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

39 Posts

02-26-2018

US

232 Signins

2375 Page Views

• Views: 2375
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-06-20, 16:11 PM

wrote:

Hello Sschronoac,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you are having getting the device activated.  If possible could you send me a direct message with your contact information?  I would be happy to reach out to discuss what our options are as I have been able to work with these kinds of issues in the past.  Thank you for your time and patience.

Best Regards,

Cody

Options

17932 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2249 Signins

54007 Page Views

• Views: 54007
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-06-20, 22:11 PM

wrote:

Hi.

Have you tried here on the Boost website? Your IMEI shows that it is compatible, and you should be able to accomplish it online. You may need a new SIM.

So sorry you had this bad information!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3 Posts

06-20-2018

US

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2018-06-20, 22:11 PM
It says it's compatible but may need a new sim card with the asterisk. I purchased 3 new sim cards that was part of the bundle deal and none of them got it recognized on the network. I found that 1 of the three in the pack was the correct one (at work and I can't remember which one it was) and boost said its not compatible. Boost's website says it isn't and Motorola says it is...
Options

3 Posts

06-20-2018

US

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2018-06-20, 22:16 PM
They (boost) also told me that it will show it is compatible because it is universal but their network doesn't recognize the device id.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save